No announcement yet.

Download limits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't do it reds. You will exceed the limit, and the costs will be painful.

Comment

Please, yesterday, I downloaded over 2GB, too. Much of it was the season finales of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Those haven't been aired yet anywhere. Where did you get them?
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

They have. SG1 aired on Tuesday in the UK, Atlantis aired... not sure when but some weeks ago in Canada. It's the US that has the mid-season break and airs episodes that are old by now.

Comment

you have to be crazy to sign up for that!

getting this is like getting a vasectomy.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
              My ISP recently lifted the cap (it actually wasn't a real cap, just FUP), but this is good news nonetheless.

The great thing about my ISP is that it accurately maintains logs of my traffic so I can see how much it really is without installing something myself. I just notice that I hit two 8.5 GB spikes on two days this month
              XS4all by any chance??
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Wow, I'm sad, don't even begin to compare to those of you who hit 8 GB a day, my record is just over 2 GB. Then again, my upload record is 3.5 GB in one day.

Comment

Wow, I'm sad, don't even begin to compare to those of you who hit 8 GB a day

No no no. Believe me, THEY are the ones who are sad.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

I had a 1G download limit per month. It sucked. So I changed to a slower linespeed and a 10G limit. Much better.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

You guys and your crappy ISPs

With Cox cable here I get 5+ Mbits down (read 600 kilobytes ps) and 1-2 Mbits up with no limit whatsoever.
                      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I've had unlimited 10mbps u&d since ´98
                        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                          I had a 1G download limit per month. It sucked. So I changed to a slower linespeed and a 10G limit. Much better.
                          1G per MONTH?!

Comment

More than enough for many - if not most - people.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                              Wow, I'm sad, don't even begin to compare to those of you who hit 8 GB a day, my record is just over 2 GB. Then again, my upload record is 3.5 GB in one day.
                              My UL record for 24h is about 20gig.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

People shouldn't let higher speeds fool themselves. 1 Mbps of unlimited traffic nets a crapload of bandwidth compared to 2 Mbps with a limit. I once calculated that a 256 kbps line can download 14 gigabytes in one week. 256 kbps feels slow, but it can do wonders with enough time. People seem to lose scope of that easily.
                                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                                X