Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

1G per MONTH?!
    Yes. Due to not being connected to The telephone network I could not get DSL. I had to go with cutting-edge unwired, compete with sucky plan.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
      People shouldn't let higher speeds fool themselves. 1 Mbps of unlimited traffic nets a crapload of bandwidth compared to 2 Mbps with a limit. I once calculated that a 256 kbps line can download 14 gigabytes in one week. 256 kbps feels slow, but it can do wonders with enough time. People seem to lose scope of that easily.
      Since I'm most concerned about the fees I think its pointless to upgrade from 256K to 1MB for an extra £10 a month, since I can download everything I want now, and have enough time to watch/play/burn it before something else comes off the queue. And I end up with less crap I dont even check.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
        It's handy if you have to do an emergency re-format, you can just install an OS and Kazaa and leave it on overnight replacing your lost apps.

Gentoo
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

HAHAHHAAH LIMITS....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHH

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Gentoo
            I've just Googled 'Gentoo' to see if it's anything interesting/useful, turned and ran away as soon as I saw Linux.

Comment

As you should.

Good man reds.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                I've just Googled 'Gentoo' to see if it's anything interesting/useful, turned and ran away as soon as I saw Linux.
                Yeah, you probably drive without a license, either.
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

UR , I'm not sadistic enough to recommend Gentoo to a guy who does not know a lot about Linux , or who does not have the time/priocessing power/patience required to compile everything from source . It would be much better recommending FC3 if you want to recommend Linux to newbies .

Comment

He could always do a stage 3 install, that wouldn't be too bad.

The fact is I am hesitant in recommending any distro that uses RPM because of dependency hell. I'd say Knoppix is good for testing the waters, and ubuntu or straight debian is a good choice for regular users.

Comment

Working...
                    X