No announcement yet.

My friend has just got a PowerBook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errr... well the point is to show how the dialogue is typical of Plato...
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

OK. I get it now. I've never heard that word used before.

It must be 3 or four years since I last looked at that dialogue. The characters of the two generals are particularly pleasing though.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
        What it's really about is being turned up on my girlfriend's stereo when I was 16 so that the people in the next room couldn't hear us having sex.
        What's the point of that? Make everyone hear your relations! Strut, dammit! Strut!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

OK... what do you say in English then?

edit: @ xpost

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

What's the point of that? Make everyone hear your relations! Strut, dammit! Strut!
            He was 16, so his girlfriend probably wasn't making any noise anyway.

Comment

Re: Hotel California and Imran's link/

I well remember the 80s moral panic about rock and satanism. What a joke that was. I used to get harassed on the streets by religious people.

Did you know that Ozzy Osbourne was in league with the Devil? Or that AC/DC stands for "Anti-Christ/Devil's Child"?

Or that WASP stands for "We Are Satan's People"? *

* Actually it really stands for "We Are Sexual Perverts", but I doubt that would have been an acceptable alternative.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

It wasn't my idea.

And she insisted on the Eagles over my choice of Metallica.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

I've never heard that word used before.
                  I think Oncle Boris meant "platonic". In french, we say "platonicien". So that would make it a gallicism. But english needs more gallicisms, so start using "platonician" right now!
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    $6,000 CDN, with only 1GB of RAM.

$3,500 US, on sale from $4,000.
                    very nice

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Or that WASP stands for "We Are Satan's People"? *

So not White Anglo-Saxon Protestants??
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                      X