No announcement yet.

My friend has just got a PowerBook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep... Hell, even I'd get a Powerbook for that deal . Well... maybe not.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yep... Hell, even I'd get a Powerbook for that deal . Well... maybe not

You have to be careful. Buying Apple is like checking in to the Hotel California.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

That explains the dipping marketshare.

(FWIW I moved away from California after living there 4 years, so... )
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Are you being deliberately dense?
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Are you being deliberately obtuse?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

What do Eagles songs have to do with your childhood?
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Do you know what Hotel California is about?

Comment

Do you know what Hotel California is about?

No. I've heard various explanations though. What's yours?

I was wondering if your hatred of 70s rock meant that HC had passed you by. Apparently not.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

I love a lot of 70's rock.

Hotel California is supposed to be about nothing...
                    You can check out any time you like
                    But you can never leave
                    but to me it's about how once you move to California, you don't ever wanna leave. You try, but you always come back...

I though you were making a comparison of California to Apple in that respect.

Comment

Here you go:

Is The Eagles song ‘Hotel California’ about Satanism?

The accepted interpretation is that it is about the hedonism and greed about the music industry and its excesses (Snopes isn't the first place I've heard it).

But I'm sure Aggie was talking about the 'you can never leave' line .
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

but to me it's about how once you move to California, you don't ever wanna leave. You try, but you always come back...

Glenn Frey says that it's about nothing. But as with rock music there are a number of conspiracies.

It's really about drugs, or adultery or satanism, or mental illness, etc.

I happen to think it's about nothing.

I though you were making a comparison of California to Apple in that respect.

I was just alluding to that particular line of the song, as people often do. So you're not wrong, and not right, but in that strange world of half-being where the two meet.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

See... Imran's link contained most of the stories I've heard about it.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Hey Aggie, I'm writing something, it's a 6-8 page essay due tomorrow morning on why and how the Laches is platonician.

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

What it's really about is being turned up on my girlfriend's stereo when I was 16 so that the people in the next room couldn't hear us having sex.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Hey Aggie, I'm writing something, it's a 6-8 page essay due tomorrow morning on why the Laches is platonician.

What? What's "platonician"?
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X