Michael Jackson trial thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
    The story about him getting a blowjob from a 9 year old tipped me over the edge
    Except that his defense team destroyed the credibility of that witness, as the article I link showed.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• they are painting Neverland as one giant honeytrap for little boys
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
        they are painting Neverland as one giant honeytrap for little boys
        you are worse than Fez, are you paying attention to the same trial we are. Both of these witnesses that told about abuse in the 90's were also involved in extorting money from MJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom
          It's become such a media circus (but then so was Jackson's life and career anyway) that he could be found guilty based on bad publicity alone, and the old 'no smoke without fire' adage applies too I think, because people will be persuaded by media outlets.
          IIRC, the jurors are isolated from the media during the trial. It shouldn't have an effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident

you are worse than Fez, are you paying attention to the same trial we are. Both of these witnesses that told about abuse in the 90's were also involved in extorting money from MJ.
            er no, I'm commenting on the what the prosecution is trying to do, not successfully according to many of you stateside
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker

IIRC, the jurors are isolated from the media during the trial. It shouldn't have an effect.

I was referring to public opinion, not the jury.

In any case, unless the members of the jury had been living in some hermetically sealed environment for 15 years before the trial, some of them will be aware of Jackson and his history in the media spotlight.
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• The trial has not gone to the jury. I haven't been really following it (too busy with work), but you can't turn on a news station without hearing about it.

Comment

• Two questions,

1) Why does this thing have to drag on for months and months. Here in Denmark, a case like this (not involving tax or fraud issues) would be over and done with in less than a week.

2) I understand there will soon be a verdict. Shouldn't we have a poll to see what people think the verdict will be (guilty or not)?

Oh, and

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston
                    Two questions,

1) Why does this thing have to drag on for months and months. Here in Denmark, a case like this (not involving tax or fraud issues) would be over and done with in less than a week.

2) I understand there will soon be a verdict. Shouldn't we have a poll to see what people think the verdict will be (guilty or not)?

Oh, and
                    good idea, the jury has heard all the evidence, so there is nothing left to hear.

Comment

Working...
                    X