The Top 100 Gadgets of All Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
    The Popeil Pocket Fisherman IS on the list.
    Where?

Comment

Oh, #92...

Comment

They actually gave it a fairly glowing write-up.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

#80:

Spurred by the space race, the Fisher company spent years inventing a pen that could write upside down, underwater, and in zero gravity. What did the Russians equip their cosmonauts with? Pencils.
          The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

A Christmas gift from my parents on Christmas. I was thrilled. It's number 65 on the list.
            Attached Files
            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

#94 definately. I love electric razors. I couldn't live without one . I recently went over a week without shaving though. I couldn't stand it. Finally I gave in and shaved. facial hair sucks.

rubik's cube I guess I should have realized that wasn't an american invention. I never knew.

#77 lite-brite. I had one of those. I then realized I had no artistic talent

I remember #65. that seemed to be the crowing achievement in video games.

#52 Yeah I used to walk around with a boom box on my shoulder. I must have looked like an idiot.

and #50 really proved I had no artistic ability. I couldn't draw anything on that.

#46 speak and spell!! I had one of those!. It bored me to death though.

And #9. Who hasn't played one of those? Ours came with Combat packaged with it.

and of corse #3. Many Sony entries on this list. Sony was one inventive company. They still are.

Apple as #1

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                Very interesting list. Probably overloaded with too many watches, computers, and cameras. The rankings are a mystery, too.

Obviously missing: media like the floppy disc, the audio cassette, the recordable CD. Audio transducers like the microphone and the loudspeaker. Visual media like the motion picture camera and the video camera. The TI handheld calculator changed the lives of engineers forever. There's the crystal radio, the videocassette, the Betamax, the Victrola, the audio tape recorder, the electric guitar, the synthesizer, the lyre, the cymbal, the Roland Space Echo tape delay, the vaccuum tube. the printing press, the typewriter, the Xerox photocopier, the flatbed scanner, microfiche, the electromagnet, the compass, eyeglasses, contact lenses, sunglasses...

The more I think about it, the more they missed... but I guess that makes it a thought-provoking list.
                some of those are on the list. Though the calculater is listed as an HP, not a TI.

I'm a TI man myself.

Comment

TI-89

Comment

What? No sex toys?
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Moving parts required for eligibility...
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm pretty sure sex toys have moving parts.
                        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                          I'm pretty sure sex toys have moving parts.
                          at least the vibrating ones do. something causes them to vibrate.

Comment

And thats just the basic stuff...

Comment

Missing:

Osborne-1, the first "laptop" computer
                              MITS Altair
                              Nintendo AES (or is that the ES?)

What is Dust Off doing on the list?
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Do they mean that a gadget has to be portable?
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X