Will the rain ever go away- we must live in Seattle now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the rain ever go away- we must live in Seattle now

actually I'm just using this thread to post this picture. This is in California, but we got all their rain. Although I saw the sun a couple of times today. Not as bad as yesterday.

I like this picture because of the swimming pool.

Be thankful. Your decades-long drought is now over.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
      Be thankful. Your decades-long drought is now over.
      actually no. It really hasn't affected the drought very much. We'd need at least 5 more years of this to fill our lake back up (and we need good snowpack in Utah and Colorado).

Comment

haw haw. I live in seattle and weve had sun 6 days straight
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

plus it never rains like that here. Its a constant drizzle
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
            haw haw. I live in seattle and weve had sun 6 days straight
            Bastards! Take your rain back.

This rain has ben pretty much falling for a week now with no more then an hour or two break before the next one hits.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'm going to take a wild guess...

Originally posted by Dissident
              We'd need at least 5 more years of this to fill our lake back up (and we need good snowpack in Utah and Colorado).

Or, you know, maybe draining it.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Re: I'm going to take a wild guess...

Originally posted by General Ludd

Or, you know, maybe draining it.
                well, like I always tell my mother when she complains the lake is too low. The lake was never supposed to be there. It submerged an ancient indian city. And it submerged a living town as well.

It'll go away eventually. You should see Lake Powell, it's in even worse shape. That's man-made as well.

Comment

and my hands are cold too. I guess I'll turn up the heat. It seems wasteful though. The rest of my body isn't cold.

But sometimes if they get too cold, I have a hard time posting because I can't type.

Comment

Last I heard, we were 10 inches ahead of Seattle. But that was an inch or two ago. It's now the wettest year in the last 115 years for L.A. We're just a couple of inches away from our all time record.

The sun will come out tomorrow and there's no more rain due in until new Tuesday.

Comment

At least El Nino has not affected weather up here.

Comment

I've been watching the news reports of mudslides and couldn't help but think of Bill Hicks. Looking forward to Arizona Bay....
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Cry me a freeking river about the rain. Try living in England.
                          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

yeah but at least things are green there.

we get rain, but everything is still desert.

not that I mind, I like the color brown. But everyone else I talks to hates the desert. yet they live here for some reason... idiots.

Comment

I hear that one of California's airports melted.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X