X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lul Thyme
    And what is that trend?
    Go back and read my first post, lazy.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It's time to start manufacturing robot children.
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Astroboy!
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

He has a gun in his ass. How awesome is that?
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Go back and read my first post, lazy.
            Well in your post first you mentionned an 'explanation' for a trend...
            But im not sure what you mean PRECISELY...
            Is it a numerical difference or a difference in rates? etc...
            From what can be gleaned in the article, the difference in rate of increase for men and women seems to be pretty close.

Comment

Western society will disappear from Earth by 2100, yahoo
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                You know, isn't it terrible, these selfish, self interested people choosing not to procreate!

Yes.

It's time to start manufacturing robot children.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel

Didn't I already explain to you how it's the procreators that are being selfish by pursuing their own internal desires for reproduction at the cost of their environment?

On the flip side, the benefits of not reproducing (if done on a large scale) won't really be felt untill generations later, so you can hardly claim that people are not reproducing so that there is "more for them".
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Didn't I already explain to you how it's the procreators that are being selfish by pursuing their own internal desires for reproduction at the cost of their environment?

Didn't I explain that the enviroment counts as a variable in an ethical argument only in the context of human need?

On the flip side, the benefits of not reproducing (if done on a large scale) won't really be felt untill generations later

You're kidding, right?
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

I'm not sure but I feel that somehow it's also my fault because I like reproducing (or trying to) with persons of my same sex, which definitely doesn't do any good to the demographic trend, but it does a whole lot of good to me
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                        Western society will disappear from Earth by 2100, yahoo

anyway, this is the trend that I was referring to in the Indian population thread. Every developed country has reached the 4th stage of development, where birth rate permanently falls under replensihment levels.
                        I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

So what's the 5th stage?
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                            So what's the 5th stage?
                            It was a final stabilization of birthrate (between 1.9-2.1) that produced a stable population number at a lower level than it had been at the height of the growth period.
                            I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel

Didn't I explain that the enviroment counts as a variable in an ethical argument only in the context of human need?

Assuming that being child-less is selfish (which I still don't agree with), then wouldn't that be the preferable course of action in this case? It would be meeting the needs of that person (that's what being selfish is all about) while not hurting the needs of anyone else (unless you consider an unborn baby a person who's needs are worth equal consideration ) Surely, not having kids is altruistic.

And population growth does effect humans - perhaps the most of anythign in our environemnt

You're kidding, right?
                              No. Me not having kids isn't going to have a very signifigant impact on society in my life time, it would require numerous generations of population decline for the benefits to be truelly felt. Unless you are going by the idea that it's selfish simply because they don't want to look after a kid, or something... which isn't neccisarily true, but, regardless, refraining from having a kid that you don't want is hardly selfish - it's responsible.

I know that I do like the idea of raising a kid at some point, but do not like the idea of bringing one into the world. Which is what adoption is for - meeting both the selfish needs of desiring a child, and being responsible in not bringing one more into the world.
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

And when is it 5th stage coming?

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                                X