No announcement yet.

Japanese male population falling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japan will make a fine province of China someday. Unless they get nukes first.

Gatekeeper
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Negative growth:
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Some people didnt read or understand the text properly (title was misleading)...
        there is no great gap between the female and male population in actual number or rate of change in Japan.
        The actual 'problem' is population decline, its just that the actual threshold reached to justify the article was male population has negative growth...

Comment

title was misleading
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Yup Japan is headed for population decline.

Drake whats the climate there for immigration. Knowing what little I do about the inherent cultural biases I would assume immigration plays little to no role in the census numbers.
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Drake will have to curb his appetite for Japanese PYTs.

I'm outta here in a year and a half, so I'll be gone by the time the PYTs dry up. Still sad, though; I've been trying my best to reverse this trend, but it seems like all my efforts have been for naught...

Drake whats the climate there for immigration. Knowing what little I do about the inherent cultural biases I would assume immigration plays little to no role in the census numbers.

Immigration is very small by American standards, but it does exist. Not really as an attractive place to immigrate to, though, from what I can tell. The economy has been ailing for over a decade now and a large proportion of low wage jobs have been outsourced overseas.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                Because Japanese women tend to want only one child, and they tend to prefer girls, so they're aborting the boys. Seems like Japan and China will be hooking up at last.
                I was thinking the same thing.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

More hoes for the rest of us.
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                    More hoes for the rest of us.
                    Enough to till every garden and field in the country.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

pervert
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The Western Empire fell due to plague, among other things. It wasn't due to explicit choices by the masses
                        You forgot one thing that is called "barbarian invasions" in italian textbooks, and "migrations" in german textbooks. BTW fertility rates in the Roman Empire collapsed in the last 150 years because of the huge raise of personal income taxes, forcing the masses to move away from cities

BTW plagues striked Europe for 600 years but didn't affect demographic growth
                        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Japanese babes ::drool::

/me looks over his shoulder
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I don't know about the income tax thing. That sounds like a novel theory of the history of the time, but I would be interested in hearing more about it.

Regarding the barbarian invasions, these wouldn't have been a big deal if the demographics were favorable. The cities in the Western empire experienced several crushing plagues throughout the empire's history. While this wasn't the only thing wrong with the empire, it certainly is the biggest, considering that economic power closely correllated to demographics during this period in history.

Nowadays, we have capital substituting for labor, which makes demographics slightly less important.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I don't know about the income tax thing. That sounds like a novel theory of the history of the time, but I would be interested in hearing more about it
                              Well I study ancient history so I better be right in saying this
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Well, I'm not going to take your word for it. Plz summarize why this would be so.

Comment

Working...
                                X