The Oscars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oscars

For the past ten years, the guy they have producing the Oscars ceremony has been trying to cut short the acceptance speechs. Sure, some go on a bit long, but frankly, when we remember the Oscars, it's generally the great speeches we remember. This year, for the "minor" awards, they're going to give the awards to the people in their seats.

You know, why can't they cut some stupid interpretive dance number or a musical restrospective of Steven Speilberg instead of the Cuba Goodings and tossing awards to people in their seats.

Keats needs to be removed.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Wasn't it the guy who directed "Silence of the Lambs" who babbled on for 5 minutes, with "erm" being almost 50 percent of the words.......?

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

acceptance speeches

actually I don't even watch the oscars. But I hope Hilary S**** wins. She was amazing.

I may actually watch this year with Chris Rock hosting.

But ABC is using a 10 second delay . So no chance of getting any accidental f-words. Actually since I live on the west coast, we usually get screwed out of that stuff, since the programs are delayed 3 hours anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
        Hilary S****

Is that woman call Sf*ck, Sc*nt, or Ssh*t?
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I forgot about that. We can blame the British and their silly slang words for that.

Sw ank.

Comment

Spiffor LMAO
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

"Sc*nt"

What's wrong with the last name Scent?

oooOOOOHhhhhh!

Comment

What they should've done instead was forbid people to mention any thank yous. Who the **** cares (except the people being mentioned)? I saw the Oscars live once, and I don't think I'll ever do it again. It's boring as ****.

The only interesting bits are the occasional funny bit of the host (+ the "guests" giving away the awards), though most of it is too obviously scripted, and the odd good speech.
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

The Oscars.

Who cares?
                  "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Our media already pwned abc or who ever it is that covers the oscars.. they had Chris Rock interview, a short one but it was about freedom of speech etc, and how ***** abc was. And then he went on a swear marathon worth of few seconds of the most nastiest words you could imagine . But of course, not censored.. so there.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Who cares?

Gays...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

The Oscars started going downhill with the removal of Miss Piggy as co-host.

Miss Piggy: Don't you think I'm Oscar material??
                        Johnny Carson: Well, Oscar Meyer material, sure.

Comment

Working...
                        X