Polytubbies - let's invent useful things to make the world a better place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polytubbies - let's invent useful things to make the world a better place

Do you know that? Sometimes you have a certain problem and think "Why has nobody invented xyz yet to solve that?!?"

I personally would like to have a cup that keeps my coffee hot. I love to have a big cup of coffee when working on my computer, but - unless you drink it in quite a short time - the coffee gets cold soon. So I demand a cup that has an own heat source, or keeps the coffee hot in another way

What inventions would you like to see?
    Blah

A machine to make my Diplomarbeit in my stead!

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I need an AI that would waste time at Apolyton so that I wouldn't have to do it
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Now that's wicked
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
          A machine to make my Diplomarbeit in my stead!

Yeah, could be also useful for Magister- and Doktorarbeiten
          Blah

Comment

An intravenuous dispenser to keep your blood alcohol constant.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Type of 'glass' in the windshield that they won't get all iced up and that when it's cold and they're standing outside. So that you don't have to spend 5 minutes every morning just to working the windshield so you could actually see something.
              That would be GREAT.

Also cheap 'insulating' material between the walls so that you can't hear your neighbour and vice versa, but it needs to be cheap so it's actually applied to every building.

Extendable balcony would be cool too. Push a button and you get a 20 squaremeter balcony.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Also type of bread that doesn't 'sweat' when you toast it and put butter on it, and that it doesn't crumble.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Also what about a battery for laptops that actually lasts more than few hours? How about 48 hours?
                  In da butt.

Comment

Also what about a battery for laptops that actually lasts more than few hours? How about 48 hours?

I'm sure it's possible now, only weighs so much that the laptop loses its portability.

A machine that peels potatoes would be quite useful.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I'd like a sort of bazooka-thing that would allow me to fire live peacocks at sheets of reinforced plate glass, while schoolchildren applaud wildly.

It's not the most practical idea in the world, but sometimes you just need to do something beautiful for beauty's sake.
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

Also cheap 'insulating' material between the walls so that you can't hear your neighbour and vice versa, but it needs to be cheap so it's actually applied to every building.

If it's cheap you want, you could cover the exterior of the wall with blankets and egg cartons.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Re: Polytubbies - let's invent useful things to make the world a better place

Originally posted by BeBro
                          Do you know that? Sometimes you have a certain problem and think "Why has nobody invented xyz yet to solve that?!?"

I personally would like to have a cup that keeps my coffee hot. I love to have a big cup of coffee when working on my computer, but - unless you drink it in quite a short time - the coffee gets cold soon. So I demand a cup that has an own heat source, or keeps the coffee hot in another way

What inventions would you like to see?

Intriguingly enough, the Chinese have an ingenious solution (of sorts) to the cold coffee cup problem.

It's called a lid.
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

An engine that runs on spam. We could corner the market like DeBeers did with the Kimberly pipes. We'd be millionaires!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Polytubbies - let's invent useful things to make the world a better place

Originally posted by molly bloom

Intriguingly enough, the Chinese have an ingenious solution (of sorts) to the cold coffee cup problem.

It's called a lid.
                              They've stolen my idea!

Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X