No announcement yet.

CIA Predicts Fall of America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The solution to rising power in Asia is closer times and free trade among all the western countries plus Russia.

Why? Do you have something against goods that have touched non-white hands?

This smacks of "let's stop the inferior races from getting too uppity!"

WTH is wrong with you?
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

I strongly doubt the US would ever agree to sharing their power (losing sovereignity) to an extent that ever looks like what the average EU country is doing. For a North-American style EU, you'd need to have no federal countries (Canada, Us and Mexico) but plenty of independent States. As it currently is, the US will never accept a political integration such as the EU, and your partners will feel less than enthusiastic being your vassals.
      It wouldn't be look like the EU. For this to happen, the Canadian provinces would simply have to petition the US for statehood. Canada would cease to exist as independent, it would simply be part of the US. Don't see it happening.
      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
        The solution to rising power in Asia is closer times and free trade among all the western countries plus Russia.

Why? Do you have something against goods that have touched non-white hands?

This smacks of "let's stop the inferior races from getting too uppity!"

WTH is wrong with you?
        The goal was to maintain superiority right? If we're going to form a closer union with someone then the obvious choice is people from the same cultural group as us. Its much more likely to work if all the parties have common bonds.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

s regards the "democratic peace", the UK and Finland were technically at war during WWII, altho little or no actual fighting took place.

I submit that the chief reason democracies have rarely fought one another this far is that they've generally been on the same side. That will sooner or later change if democracy continues to spread.
          I think that the most important factor is wealth. I don't think that democracies with a large majority of relatively economically comfortable people go to war with other democracies that are comprised of large majorities of relatively economically comfortable people. The incentive isn't there, especially since the economically advanced democracies could put up very tough fights with each other. However, give the democracies extended periods of time with 30%+ unemployment rates and hyperinflation and I guarantee that you see a few wars between democracies.

Remember, Weimar Germany was a Democracy. Though it technically did not go to war against anyone else, enough people democratically supported the Nazis, a party that explicitly stated that it would go to war against other states, to allow them to gain control of the government. Though technically Germany was a Fascist dictatorhsip when it went to war, it initially became such a dictatorship largely through democracy. Germany slips through a loophole here, in that it wasn't democratic when it went to war. However, its a situation that I could easily imagine seeing played out in a few developed democracies should they face times as tough as those faced by Weimar Germany.
          I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

1) I usually hear the opposite, but I live in Utah

People don't live in Utah. They just exist.

2) I'm still pretty sure Apolytoners are joking.

That's worrying.
            3) Do you know what that is?

Yes. Do you?
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

It's not like the CIA just today released this information. I thought this report & it's findings were discussed earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

And lo, the threadjack shall begin soon.
                I don't now how this thread is to be jacked, please tell me how.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  US & Mexico in 1846? Of course Mexico was a weak democracy run by a guy who always got reelected but still.
                  I admit that those countries may be called democracies, but seriously ? Let's keep it into the next century.
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

as far as I know, no democratic countries has ever gone into a war with another democratic country.
                    I'll bite.
                    It comes down to where you draw the line on war. The US was interfering with a number of South American democracies during the cold war, which never quite ammounted to war because of the gross disparity in power. But the intent was there.
                    "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

One could argue that Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Serbia have been democracies when they waged wars against each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral

I'll bite.
                        It comes down to where you draw the line on war. The US was interfering with a number of South American democracies during the cold war, which never quite ammounted to war because of the gross disparity in power. But the intent was there.
                        By war, I of course mean real war.

As far as I know, there has not been interference unless needed (and no, Chile doesn't fit into this - thats a story of its own).

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                          One could argue that Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia and Serbia have been democracies when they waged wars against each other.
                          No. They were not democratic units when Yuoguslavia broke up.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Peru and Brazil fought a war in the 1930's. I know Brazil was a functioning democracy though I'm not sure about Peru.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The goal was to maintain superiority right? If we're going to form a closer union with someone then the obvious choice is people from the same cultural group as us. Its much more likely to work if all the parties have common bonds.

If you think that white people should rule the earth forever, then sure.

But what sort of madman believes that?
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

The way things are going latley, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose a huge amount of power.

Our political power has been spent, relying soley on intimidation, not cultural values or moral leadership, or *gasp* good will.

All the good will from the last 60 years is being thrown out the window.

The military is overextended and our economy has gone flat.

Horrible. This sh1t is so easy. You don't go looking for trouble because trouble come looking for you.

DUH! DUH! DUH!

Can we get Clinton back ???
                                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X