The stupidity of Turkey's Islamists.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and certainly the proposal didn't proscribe execution

So the proposal was in favour of the death penalty?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Ancynean, great informative post, like always
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
        ditto.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Consider the Islamist newspaper Yeni Safak, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's favorite. A Jan. 9 story claimed that U.S. forces were tossing so many Iraqi bodies into the Euphrates that mullahs there had issued a fatwa prohibiting residents from eating its fish. Yeni Safak has also repeatedly claimed that U.S. forces used chemical weapons in Fallujah. One of its columnists has alleged that U.S. soldiers raped women and children there and left their bodies in the streets to be eaten by dogs. Among the paper's "scoops" have been the 1,000 Israeli soldiers deployed alongside U.S. forces in Iraq, and that U.S. forces have been harvesting the innards of dead Iraqis for sale on the U.S. "organ market."
          I stopped reading here. The writer basically just writes a great deal about of evil deeds done by random stupid ppl, then links them with Turkish goverment by nothing but face value (look above: communist newspaper with loony articles which nobody of you knows anything about is PM's favourite -- because I say so) .This is repeat-until-true propaganda, plain and simple

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
            Originally posted by lord of the mark
            ditto.

Thanks guys!

On a side note, Pollock's article also is being quoted by the Turkish press, it has apparently even been brought to the attention of Erdogan himself. He probably didn't appreciate tone and content of the article .

A columnist that I follow from the Turkish daily 'Milliyet' recommends an article from Foreign Affairs magazine, by John Lewis Gaddis, for a sober reflection of the situation US faces in the world now and how it should proceed under the circumstances. It also makes references to why anti-Americanism rose in the world and what to do about it. I found that article quite informative and useful, so I post the link:

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/200501...cond-term.html
            "Common sense is as rare as genius" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
            X