"Hitchhiker's Guide" Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hitchhiker's Guide" Trailer

www.amazon.com has a trailer for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy up on their front page. I don't know if this is old news or not, but thought I'd post it since many of you seem to be fans.

If you want to skip the shoddy low-res flash version, like me, get it from http://media.eod.com/hhgttg_high.mov .

It looks rather promising, IMO, if a bit action-y. But hey, considering it's Hollywood, you can't expect too much anyway.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Kass

I saw the low res flash one... that's a good link as well .

Looks REALLY good . I'm excited!

Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; February 16, 2005, 19:14.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm not expecting much, seeing as they waited until after Adams was dead to rape him.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Actually a LOT of the work is based on Adams' work on the screenplay (he is listed as screenplay author as well as book author on IMDB). From what I've seen so far, Jennings and Kirkpatrick will be true to his vision.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Theres also an interesting clip of Jon Stewart in Crossfire on that site...
            Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

w00t! This is going to be a serious contender with Monty Python and the Holy Grail...

Comment

I'm a little sceptical still. Quips like "what if I told you I'm from another planet" work fantastically in the book, but just don't come out on film - they look tacky. Plus Zaphod looks too hippy-like. Zaphod's a party animal, but he's also the hipest person in the galaxy, and the president of it. The whole raggedy long-hair thing just doesn't seem like him.
                Smile
                For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
                  Theres also an interesting clip of Jon Stewart in Crossfire on that site...
                  I heard he pwned Tucker Carlson...
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

the trailer was underacheiving, but I'm still hopeful.
                    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                    Drake Tungsten
                    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                    Albert Speer

Comment

The trailer has convinced me that it won't be as utterly Adams-rapingly dreadful as I'd feared it could be, but I'm not convinced it'll be good. I'll have to go back and read the books again for descriptions, because a lot of it is totally different from how I imagined it, and I don't know if it's my fault or the film's. Marvin looks way too big. The Heart of Gold is about as sexy as a turnip. Where is Zaphod's other head?

Originally posted by Drogue
                      I'm a little sceptical still. Quips like "what if I told you I'm from another planet" work fantastically in the book, but just don't come out on film - they look tacky. Plus Zaphod looks too hippy-like. Zaphod's a party animal, but he's also the hipest person in the galaxy, and the president of it. The whole raggedy long-hair thing just doesn't seem like him.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Where is Zaphod's other head?

Under the first one, if you see the trailer, you can see it come out.

And I quite like the Heart of Gold. Looks... hip .

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                          You see what the Hitch Hiker's guide does to you?

I always pictured Zaphod as having two heads side by side, as in the books he has a conversation with his own head, which normally requires eye contact, and drinks with one head while talking with the other, which doesn't look possible with one head being under the other.
                          Smile
                          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Yes, but what happens in books may not be so feasible on the silver screen .

Comment

meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X