Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The song you are listening to right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think someone already did.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• scorpions - wind of change

No, I hate Matchbox 20... you fail to listen. I got nothing against Thomas (well, except that he heads that crap).
      AHAHHAHAHAAHAhAHA I COULDNT AGREE MORE. MATCHBOX 20 BLOWWWSS HUGE CHUNKS!!!!!!!!!
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• The Stones - "Jigsaw Puzzle"
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
          AHAHHAHAHAAHAhAHA I COULDNT AGREE MORE. MATCHBOX 20 BLOWWWSS HUGE CHUNKS!!!!!!!!!
          I notice you got rid of your U2 avatar, coincidentally after you realized how crap they were.

Something Corporate - Hurricane
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I notice you got rid of your U2 avatar, coincidentally after you realized how crap they were.
            hahaha, well their new album DOES BLOW HUUUUGE CHUNNKS, but the stuff before is good. changed my avatar, cuz im (hopefully) soon going to the place represented by that flag for a one + years.
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
              Ya know, the more I listen to it, the more I am convinced that American Idiot is hands down the best rock record released since Nevermind.

And I thought rock n roll was all clapped out.
              Punk rock opera was definitely the best way to go, and to think it came about so strangely (with the first recordings being stolen). I don't think I've quite heard anything like "Jesus of Surburbia" before.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Punk rock opera was definitely the best way to go, and to think it came about so strangely (with the first recordings being stolen). I don't think I've quite heard anything like "Jesus of Surburbia" before.
                What, four short songs compiled into a excessively-long 9minute celebration of the bland?

Comment

• i dont enjoy punk rock that much. its much too simple, both technically and musically. plus, greeday doesnt sound too good in concert either

Comment

• Ya know, the more I listen to it, the more I am convinced that American Idiot is hands down the best rock record released since Nevermind.

It's a good album, but no way. I'd say that title goes to one of the White Stripes albums.
                    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                    -Bokonon

Comment

• Stripes are good, but I'd still give the edge to American Idiot.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo
                        It's a good album, but no way. I'd say that title goes to one of the White Stripes albums.
                        Elephant I liked, for a couple weeks. It no doubt pleased a lot of the critics who listen to endless streams of new music, since they only need to look at music rather shallowly.

I'm the kind of person who will play the HELL out of my CDs and music. And after the 12th listen or so, Elephant becomes boring. It's just too simple, there's no depth to it.

Comment

• I prefered their self titled album... the music just felt more raw. Great rock sound!

Comment

• Elephant I liked, for a couple weeks. It no doubt pleased a lot of the critics who listen to endless streams of new music, since they only need to look at music rather shallowly.

I'm the kind of person who will play the HELL out of my CDs and music. And after the 12th listen or so, Elephant becomes boring. It's just too simple, there's no depth to it.

Rock is, to me, distilling the music down to raw energy. Little Richard and the Ramones; the Stones and the Pixies. That's what it's all about.

Not to say that complexity is bad, but there's something to say about this elegance. And that's what I'd characterize as rock.

I liked the album White Stripes for that reason as well. And I certainly won't get bored of it any time soon.
                            Last edited by Ramo; February 18, 2005, 02:19.
                            -Bokonon

Comment

• "Stop Breaking Down"

One of the better covers I've heard.

Comment

• I agree that it's all about the energy -- it's about what went into making the song. Not only does it deal with rhythms, beats, melodies...but, for me, emotional charge and potent lyrics.

Simple songs can be fantastic with unlimited replayability, but they need to compensate for the lack of musical complexity with an extra dose of meaning or emotional complexity. Something that can sort of take your mind away from whatever else you're doing and send shivers down your spine.

The problem with the latter kind of music is it's even more subjective. Two songs that do it for me the most are Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd, and Konstantine by Something Corporate.

Comment

Working...
                                X