No announcement yet.

How will Canada keep warm now?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man...you guys all make me wanna puke.

Sure Kyoto is tough, and maybe a rotten deal for many countries, but when the water starts swallowing Ney York, Boston, Atkantic City, etc. please dont complain that you didn't know what was coming.

On the other hand, why should you care.....it's not you it's gonna affect. But I have a pretty good feeling that your grand-children aren't going to hold you in too high regard a hundred years or so from now.

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
      The US position, IIUC, is that all developed countries should contribute the same percentage, even those countries that have lower emissions relative to GDP now, since they have achieved that essentially by luck, not environmental policy.
      Excuse me?
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

MWHC

I'm happy that the American public so far has successfully resisted the attempts of envirofanatics to take their money.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
          MWHC

I'm happy that the American public so far has successfully resisted the attempts of envirofanatics to take their money.
          So basically you give a rat's ass about global warming?

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Yep. So far.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

You make dear leader a proud man.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I couldn't care less about your dear leaders.

Comment

Neither do I, however I do care about this one and only one planet we've got.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

To be accurate, we have many billions of planets in our galaxy alone.

Comment

• He doesn't care. I am amazed that the the U.S. administration has actually succeeded in convincing the U.S. public that global warming is a big hoax conjured up to steal U.S. money.

My hat is off to them!!!

Asmodean

Comment

• Originally posted by dannubis

you cannot actually be serious about this. deforestation is indeed a significant problem but the one time CO2 emissions are nothing compared to what an electric coal plant produces on a daily basis.

and before we start, i know that the natural output of greenhouse gasses is larger than the output caused by humans. however, the system is 'calibrated' on the natural output. we put in more and destroy the forests that clean it up. and that's the real problem.

and again, how is finger pointing at other countries (polluting less than you) going to solve anything?
                        The problem is that the CO2 comes from fossil fuels which represent carbon from the slow geologic carbon cycle rather than the CO2 which is otherwise produced as part of the fast carbon cycle of the biosphere. The fast cycle is self limiting in terms of atmospheric CO2 but carbon inputed from the slow cycle is not.

Comment

• He doesn't care. I am amazed that the the U.S. administration has actually succeeded in convincing the U.S. public that global warming is a big hoax conjured up to steal U.S. money.
                          The administration is following the public's lead on this one. Not a single senator would vote for this treaty during Clinton's tenure.

Comment

• Never mind the effing treaty. It's the concept of GW I'm talking about. If the U.S. people actually don't believe that it's gonna happen, or don't care, then the rest of us have no choice but to watch our cities being engulfed in water a century from now.

Asmodean

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
                              To be accurate, we have many billions of planets in our galaxy alone.
                              Well start packing then!!!

Comment

• If the U.S. people actually don't believe that it's gonna happen, or don't care, then the rest of us have no choice but to watch our cities being engulfed in water a century from now.
                                I just don't know what will happen -- assuming that global warming is real -- and neither do you. Neither do the scientists, because they're basing their work on models of unknown validity. I find it incredible that you have so much faith in the outlines of a phenomenon about which we don't know much.

You're a religious fanatic.

Comment

Working...
                                X