How will Canada keep warm now?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will Canada keep warm now?!?

Canada now has to live up to the Kyoto Global Warming Accord. Canada has to roll back to its 1990 greenhouse gas emissions by 2012. But Canadas emissions have been growing by 1.5 percent a year. It gets cold up there!!! And they drive cars like the US does. Thank god the US didnt sign.

hey, a good thread to post this picture.

Comment

Sheesh, that is some difference.

MWHC, drive decent cars, not those American bricks!
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yes! We should never, ever be concerned about the environment and above all else, never look at reducing emissions!
        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Uh.... I don't think individuals are bound to the treaty. And I'm sure we won't be any colder than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
            Yes! We should never, ever be concerned about the environment and above all else, never look at reducing emissions!
            The issue with Kyoto is that it screws nations like Canada and the United States, which have a developed industrial base, and it lets completely off the hook an la nation like China, which has no restrictions and is allowed to build factories and pollute like crazy in order to catch up with the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

MWHC, drive decent cars, not those American bricks!
              There's nothing wrong with American cars. Its those trucks disguised as "SUVs" that are the problem...

Comment

I'm starting to suspect you have Canada envy MWHC. How else to explain your obsession with all topics Canadian?
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                  I'm starting to suspect you have Canada envy MWHC. How else to explain your obsession with all topics Canadian?
                  I just picked canada because I think this will hurt them the most.

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV

The issue with Kyoto is that it screws nations like Canada and the United States, which have a developed industrial base, and it lets completely off the hook an la nation like China, which has no restrictions and is allowed to build factories and pollute like crazy in order to catch up with the rest.
                    MWHC, take a look.

The fact that China and the US haven't signed on to this, given their overall output of emissions, is a disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV

Yup, all us Euro's are all still living in caves.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn

There's nothing wrong with American cars. Its those trucks disguised as "SUVs" that are the problem...
                        Its just that PH has this small car fetish
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by alva

Yup, all us Euro's are all still living in caves.

I dont think ALL of you are. A good number... but not all.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn

MWHC, take a look.

The fact that China and the US haven't signed on to this, given their overall output of emissions, is a disgrace.

why should we (US) sign up?? whats in it for us?? why let all the little guys catch up??

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                              Yeah, that's what happens when you take one picture in the winter, and another in the summer.

The mountains west of Calgary look like that every year, it's cyclical.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X