No announcement yet.

How will Canada keep warm now?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kyoto is worthless and any attempts will fail until the 3rd world is included in the caps. I don't want to lose one job over an attempt that is destined to fail.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

But don't you think third world country should get a fair chance to screw up the environment too?
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis

you cannot actually be serious about this. deforestation is indeed a significant problem but the one time CO2 emissions are nothing compared to what an electric coal plant produces on a daily basis.

and before we start, i know that the natural output of greenhouse gasses is larger than the output caused by humans. however, the system is 'calibrated' on the natural output. we put in more and destroy the forests that clean it up. and that's the real problem.

and again, how is finger pointing at other countries (polluting less than you) going to solve anything?
        Numbskull.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

hmmm... i'm starting to feel cooler already. maybe it's working.

Comment

You will never be cool.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

i'm always cool in my house with my AC blasting. mmmmm... i can feel all that coal being burned up to produce the electric power needed to run my big fat american house. even the garage where i keep my SUV is cooled with AC.

Comment

Only one SUV? Get with it man.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

well... i have my vette and ATV in with it too. along with all the wood I burn each year. fills up fast!

Comment

I've had 20+ cars idling at the same time before......

Comment

Just to let you know but vette does not sounds like a cool car. Not that American cars are any good or cool to begin with but you're sure not helping it by calling it that.

Vette sounds like a loud, fat, trailler trashy, dumb....hmmm, never mind.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Woodburning is too clean. You need to burn quarts of motor oil in your fireplace to really be warm.

Comment

Hey, i looked out the window... i still see canada burning stuff!!! nasty looking stuff too. You people need to clean up your act!

Comment

Originally posted by Ned

Now I know you don't know what you are talking about.
                            Ned. If you can't see how lowering polluting emmisions might lead to cleaner air, then you truly are an without a clue.

...environmental groups say such estimates don't take into account the economic benefits of conserving energy or the reduced cost of health care that comes with cleaner air.

Now, Ned. Go away. No one takes you seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV
                              Hey, i looked out the window... i still see canada burning stuff!!! nasty looking stuff too. You people need to clean up your act!
                              Thats pretty cool. I've always wondered what it would be like to live in one country and be able to see another one on a daily basis. Border cultures are interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn

Thats pretty cool. I've always wondered what it would be like to live in one country and be able to see another one on a daily basis. Border cultures are interesting.
                                I can do that on clear days out of the window from my condo. Not much detail, though - just upstate New York from across the lake.
                                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                                X