No announcement yet.

Football: The Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burress signs 6 year deal with Giants. I'm glad Eagles didnt show interest. We're trying to get rid of a headcase in Freddie Mitchell, the last thing we need is another one.

Comment

• Burress was expected to be one of the top free agents. I thought he really shaped up this last year in Pittsburgh. What has given him such a reputation for being a head case?
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang
        Burress was expected to be one of the top free agents. I thought he really shaped up this last year in Pittsburgh. What has given him such a reputation for being a head case?
        1. Plaxico Burress, PIT, UFA (35 rec, 698 yds, 5 td)
        Problem child? Perhaps. Since his days at Michigan State, he has been known to be a bit of a head case, and those past issues started to creep up this season on the run oriented Steelers. As the team succeeded, Burress displayed impatience with his role in the offense. He has already made it known that he will seek employment elsewhere.

(copied from "footballsfuture" website)

Even before this season, he had issues with Maddox paying too much attention to Ward and not him..

Comment

• I'll never know why recievers always seem to have such an ego. I even seen Jerry Rice ***** once.

You never seem to hear about running backs complaining about teams passing the ball too much.

Comment

• Monday, 9/12/2005, at 9pm, PHI vs. ATL in Atlanta. Make sure you tune in to watch the Eagles first step towards the NFL Championship!!

Comment

• haha, anyone want to make a wager Atlanta stomps them again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident
                haha, anyone want to make a wager Atlanta stomps them again?
                Again? when was the last time that happened?

Comment

• Leonard Little, Pro Bowl DE for the Rams, got acquitted of his DWI charge which was a felony since he admitted to killing someone while driving drunk a few years ago. He could have done 4 years for it. I've got mixed feelings, but the Ram's defense would have sucked even worse without him.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Eagles DT Corey Simon to Ravens for 2005 2nd and 2006 3rd. Deal will be done today or tomorrow if Ravens can sign Simon to a contract...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
                      Leonard Little, Pro Bowl DE for the Rams, got acquitted of his DWI charge which was a felony since he admitted to killing someone while driving drunk a few years ago. He could have done 4 years for it. I've got mixed feelings, but the Ram's defense would have sucked even worse without him.
                      You have to have faith that the system worked. If he was acquitted, there was probably good reason for it.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang
                        You have to have faith that the system worked. If he was acquitted, there was probably good reason for it.
                        He refused to take the breath test. The officer said that he failed the field sobriety test. People are usually convicted when that is the case. Oh well.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Must be a state thing. In CA, he would have been screwed.

Comment

• Football player dies from injury sustained during football game.

Yeah it's arena, not NFL . I was going to post a new thread, but I decided I'll just post it here.

It was hard finding news on this death. Not many major news on the internet is covering it. I heard it on the radio. I still don't know all the details on the injury. Here's a link.

doh! that stupid site needs registration. I'll see if I can find another

Comment

• The 2005 season playing sked's been announced, and the world champions the Patriots play the Raiders in the opener on September 8th: http://www.nfl.com/schedules

Interesting observations:
                              - The Colts will play the Patriots again in the regular season.
                              - Kurt Warner plays the Giants and the Rams in his first two games as a Cardinal.
                              - The Falcons have three MNF games.
                              - The Super Bowl is in February, so the Patriots will become world champions again

Comment

Working...
                              X