No announcement yet.

I took GMAT today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. That's why I wanted to have multiple of that thing. What is ADD?
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Attention Deficit Disorder.
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Good show

Are they still doing it on computer?? When I took it they gave it one question at a time (with no going back) and the questions got progressively harder or easier depending on how you were doing. The idea was to focus in to where you rank and ask questions at that level. Two people could get the same number of questions right and have wildly different scores.

Overall though I thought it was a pretty easy test-- I actually thought the LSAT was harder but that might be because I like the math that appears in the GMAT ( its usually easy to reason your way through the problems)
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Yes they are. This is what they called CAT (computer adaptive test). Yes I agree the math is too easy. I hear LSAT critical reasoning questions are harder, which is understandable, as they are for different professions. I would rather they have harder CR and RC (reading comprehension) as well as math questions so that I could offset my weakness in the grammar part. I mean you can imagine how bad my grammar is by simply read my posts and count the number of grammatical errors I make every time. Anyways the score is curved so 99 percentile means I didn't do too bad. And I'm simply happy that I got one thing out of the way.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

So here is this guy. He just gotten a great job. Has two wonderful children (I saw the photo when they pointed me to that thread). His wife is wonderful with the children (what love makes you do thread ), thoughtful and considerate (based on her threads - she has put up with some of our more obnoxious posters and tried to be kind way past most poster's tolerance), brilliant, and if she is pretty and good in bed - he is one lucky MF - literally. Congratulations Snowflake. (partial apology, I just couldn't resist - it's a guy thing).
            Last edited by Mr. Harley; February 18, 2005, 17:04.
            The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
            And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
            Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
            Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake
              Yes they are. This is what they called CAT (computer adaptive test).
              Yup that was it-- IIRC it was crucial to do well on your first 20 questions wheras blowing the last few would hardly make a difference since you would already be doing the toughest questions
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
                So here is this guy. He just gotten a great job. Has two wonderful children (I saw the photo when they pointed me to that thread). His wife is wonderful with the children (what love makes you do thread ), thoughtful and considerate (based on her threads - she has put up with some of our more obnoxious posters and tried to be kind way past most poster's tolerance), brilliant, and if she is pretty and good in bed - he is one lucky MF - literally. Congratulations Snowflake. (partial apology, I just couldn't resist - it's a guy thing).
                There's even more to this, actually. Yes much more.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

Yup that was it-- IIRC it was crucial to do well on your first 20 questions wheras blowing the last few would hardly make a difference since you would already be doing the toughest questions
                  Yes there're some talks about this and I've heard people who took this literally and spend too much time on the first 10 or 20 questions, and suffered hafty penalties because they had to guess the later questions or simply leave them undone. Actually my understanding is more like this. If you did bad in the first questions, you are guarenteed to get a low score. But if you did good in the starting questions, you are NOT guranteed to get a high score.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                  X