I took GMAT today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took GMAT today

Some of you may remember that I've been considering moving to Rochester because hubby got an offer to work on UR around last Christmas. I thought that this would give me an opportunity to go back to school, so I've been studying GMAT ever since. I worked hard this one and half month and all my hard work finally paid off this morning when I wrote the test. Guess how much I scored?
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Re: I took GMAT today

Originally posted by Snowflake
    Some of you may remember that I've been considering moving to Rochester because hubby got an offer to work on UR around last Christmas.
    How come they never inform me about these things? I don't think I volunteered for any mad experiment your husband has in mind.

I thought that this would give me an opportunity to go back to school, so I've been studying GMAT ever since. I worked hard this one and half month and all my hard work finally paid off this morning when I wrote the test. Guess how much I scored?
    Out of a total of how much?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: I took GMAT today

I worked hard this one and half month and all my hard work finally paid off this morning when I wrote the test. Guess how much I scored?
      Heh heh. Well if you wrote the test then you should've gotten everything right?

You seem to be fairly pleased with yourself so I imagine you did pretty well. Congrats.

Comment

What ravagon said. Yes, it sounds like you did well.
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Re: Re: I took GMAT today

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

How come they never inform me about these things? I don't think I volunteered for any mad experiment your husband has in mind.
          What a nice coincident isn't it? University of Rochester it is. (And I guess that "on" should be "at", or "in", or something. )

Out of a total of how much?
          800. There are three parts. Critical writing is scored separately from the others. It ranges from 1-6, and is scored by human so I won't get the score until two weeks later. The math and verbal part is scored by the Computer Adaptive Test engine so the scores are reported right after the test.

Oh about the term of "writing" a test, I just leaned this not too long ago. It seems like writing a test means taking the test, somehow. It beats me why it is said this way too.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Re: Re: Re: I took GMAT today

What a nice coincident isn't it? University of Rochester it is. (And I guess that "on" should be "at", or "in", or something. )
            Yeah, I beat. That's probably what the last thing a tiger says to a rabbit.

800. There are three parts.
            I guess you got an 800?

The math and verbal part is scored by the Computer Adaptive Test engine so the scores are reported right after the test.
            Is the score curved?
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Sounds like the SAT.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: I took GMAT today

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                I guess you got an 800?

Is the score curved?
                Yes the score is curved. And I appreciate that you have such confidence in me. I have actually not even heard of one person who's got an 800. But yes, it is not impossible, definitely.

And who has ever seen such ferocious rabbit before?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I took GMAT today

What about the one that was killed by the Holy Hand Grenade in Monty Python?

The ferocious rabbit and the holy hand grenade
                  Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Like I've told you before, HH, you will do well enough
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

I took the GRE once. I couldn't see the point of it.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

I'm the same way... either I use time to further a resume or I use the time to better a life... don't let your schooling interfere with your education
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I took GMAT today

Yes the score is curved. And I appreciate that you have such confidence in me. I have actually not even heard of one person who's got an 800. But yes, it is not impossible, definitely.
                          I am disappointed. Your target should be getting an 800 in GMAT. With your background that should be a piece of cake for you. Now get back to more studying.

Yup, just look at all those carrots shivering

Comment

Which is the GMAT?

I know that the LSAT is for lawyers/criminals (what's the difference?).
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Carrots

Well, I got math 51 (full score) at 99 percentile (there is no 100 percentile), verbal 47 at 99 percentile (probably 3 or 4 wrong answers), and overall 780 out of 800, 99 percentile.

I am very happy. It doesn't matter whether it would lead to anything real. At least I've proved to myself that I can do anything if I really wanted to, and I can do it as good as anybody.

And I don't want a 800. I'm never a perfectionist. It is not real. The real perfection is the perfection with a little crack in it.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                              X