Apolyton gun thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton gun thread

I'm no gun expert, so I'm curious if anyone can inform me.

What is the best weapon for each class. revolver, automatic pistol, submachine gun, assault rifle, shotgun, etc.

Yeah I was watching the history channel again. I love history channel. they just had a program on Kalashnakov weapons. They even said you can get an AK-47 for like $50 in Africa.

Anyone know where I can get one? I would love to get an AK-47. . For collecters item only of course.

I'll never know why guns seem cool to me. I guess that makes me evil.

discuss.

What's funny is they are advertising a magazine for women during the history channel's program: Tales of the gun.

Comment

I am very fond of the Minuteman missle system. It trumps most classes of firearms.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Since the day I played "Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear" I've been a fan of a Heckler & Koch submachine gun. It was the MP5, irc. I always used it, because it came with a silencer, so the bad guys couldn't hear you. Tango down! There was also a cool-looking austrian submachine gun. It was called the Stey Aug, or something like that.
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Personally, I like the SMG + pistol combo best - combines range and ROF, pistols load all over the place, and beats the usual SMG + SMG or SMG + plasma rifle combo most people grab unless they're close and shoot first. I'm also fond of SMG + plasma pistol, since it's also easy to find and people go down in half a second once the charge shot takes out their shields.

Comment

Depends on what you mean by 'best' is money no object, or do you mean cost effective? Furthermore, what do you want the thing for?

For example, I own a .375 rem which is suitable for buffalo, however, it is a bit of overkill for things like small buck and totally useless for bigger things. Whilst I was living in Africa, I also had a cut down double barrel shotgun for home defence. Better than a pistol in terms of stopping power as (again for example) a .38 pistol will one fire one bullet, a 12 guage shell (depending on shot type) will fire up to (and more than) the equiv of 10 9mm bullets.
            "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
            "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

From observation also, the AK would cost you 50 bucks (or less) it was the magazines that would cost more , they were in short supply, especially in South Africa
              "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
              "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

The covie Carbine is also good, but it doesn't load on many maps where it's useful - notably Burial Mounds, where it's decent. The only other map I've encountered it in is Headlong, where it's practically worthless a lot of the time. I'd almost always pick the BR over it, anyway.

Comment

guns
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I've always wondered about the M-16. How is it such a small bullet can kill anything? 5.56 mm? Even 7.62 mm seems small.

People always tell me my 9mm is a pea shooter. It probably couldn't bring down a human. Though I use hydroshok hollowpoints. They are supposed to provide more impact and not pass clean through a person.

I actually want to get a shotgun, but I know nothing about shotguns.

Comment

the funny thing is, even though I qualified on a shotgun in the navy, I know nothing about them. I just was qualifed to hit a target a certain distance away, and I proved I could do it left handed. Though we weren't required to actually hit the target left-handed- good thing, because I didn't .

We also qualified on the 1911A1 pistol. Yeah 9mm Berrettas were standard goverment issue at the time, but our division couldn't afford them. We still kept the old .45's. Those were nice, I wouldn't mind getting one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                        I've always wondered about the M-16. How is it such a small bullet can kill anything? 5.56 mm? Even 7.62 mm seems small.

People always tell me my 9mm is a pea shooter. It probably couldn't bring down a human. Though I use hydroshok hollowpoints. They are supposed to provide more impact and not pass clean through a person.

I actually want to get a shotgun, but I know nothing about shotguns.
                        I have a 12g, 3" Mag. pump.
                        I can still fire a regular shotgun shell, but also a Mag. shotgun shell.

Comment

I have a friend who's a gun freak. He owns a lot of guns. I've shot an AK47 - pretty powerfull.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I'm really undecided between the covie and human sniper. On one hand, the human sniper can pump out four shots as fast as you can pull the trigger. OTOH, it only starts with twelve bullets, and timed right the covie sniper can pump out 20 shots, 1 per second. It also seems to be easier to hit things with the covie sniper.

Comment

Here's the Steyr-Aug. Look's cool.
                              Attached Files
                              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Working...
                              X