No announcement yet.

Bush's deficits and the coming crunch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You were betting official deficits, and you never changed your avatar anyway.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• that's because he never bothered to come up with an avatar. Any way, official deficits are always a lie. They don't take into account supplimentary spending bills.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by VJ
        It's debt-based growth. When government spends wildly, there's lots of loose money floating around, fueling short-term growth. When Bush started, the federal debt was around 60% of the GDP. Lots of playing room to rack up debt without dramatic consequences, altough all debt is is basically a short-term stimulus in expense of a long-term decline. It doesn't really make sense to upkeep a deficit during an economic upturn, but it certainly does not cause a collapse of the US economy in the immediate future.
        Well, when you have a deficit and you reach an economic downturn you're really ****ed.
        Last edited by Kidlicious; October 27, 2006, 12:32.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• was Reagan deficit worth thr break up of the Soviet Union -Yes

Will GB II deficit be worth the fight agaisnt terrosim- only history will tell

He should go be out of office for far worse abuses than money
          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
            that's because he never bothered to come up with an avatar. Any way, official deficits are always a lie. They don't take into account supplimentary spending bills.
            That is incorrect. They do take into account such spending.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Originally posted by Platypus Rex
              was Reagan deficit worth thr break up of the Soviet Union -Yes
              I believe the break up of the SU was caused because of the loss in production power of their oil wells.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
                that's because he never bothered to come up with an avatar. Any way, official deficits are always a lie. They don't take into account supplimentary spending bills.
                You would have been completely owned if Katrina hadn't occured, rather than just owned. Come off it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                  was Reagan deficit worth thr break up of the Soviet Union -Yes
                  One, it didn't cause the break of the USSR. The USSR was in trouble well before Reagan.

Two, I think most people in the know believe that we are in a more dangerous world today because of the loss of stability that the bipolar world created.

Three, the standard of living and length of life have decreased throughout much of the former USSR, so it was hardly a benefit to them. Now they have capitalist insecurity with a murderous thugocracy. Things don't look to get better anytime soon.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Two, I think most people in the know believe that we are in a more dangerous world today because of the loss of stability that the bipolar world created.

Those people are morons. I for one am glad the Cold War and its everpresent threat of global thermonuclear war are gone.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I for one am satisfied with a nice game of chess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                        Two, I think most people in the know believe that we are in a more dangerous world today because of the loss of stability that the bipolar world created.

Those people are morons.
                        These people are American generals.

Comment

Working...
                        X