No announcement yet.

Battlestar Galatica Picked Up For Second Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently there will be 20 episodes next season instead of 13. I'm hoping this is as sign that they had so much planned that they needed extra episodes and chose not to rush it.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
      IMNSHO some people just seem to enjoy b*tching and moaning for the sake of it. You'll find such people for any tv show that runs longer than 2-3 seasons... .
      That's pretty much what I got from it to
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I thought the Starbuck-marooned-on-the-planet episode was the weakest so far, but still wasn't bad. I've heard many consider it the weakest of the entire season, so that's a good sign!

The last episode was very good, although the over-zealous sergeant was a bit ham-handed in execution. Her stridency was just too shrill to be convincing. I wish they had established her character a bit more in previous episodes to make that pay off better. That, and they should have found a better actress.

But 20 episodes next season? W00t!
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
          The last episode was very good, although the over-zealous sergeant was a bit ham-handed in execution. Her stridency was just too shrill to be convincing. I wish they had established her character a bit more in previous episodes to make that pay off better. That, and they should have found a better actress.
          I wasn't too keen on the actress either. It seemed like the character was out for more than finding out who was responsible, almost like there were some things left out of previous episodes. Perhaps she was pissed that Tyrol may have been tring to shift the blame more to here about the missing explosives but there just seemed to be some hostility that wasn't explained good enough.

Comment

I think she was just pissed off because nobody ever listens to her. She seemed pretty shocked when she was allowed to carry out her investigation.

SP
            I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

Did anyone see tonight's episode? The battlestar galatica has toilets and toilet paper!!! that in my opinion is a classic scene in science fiction tv!

Comment

They had an episode of B5 with the men taking leaks in urinals.

Hmmm, toilet paper . . . it's the little things you're gonna miss while on the run from the Cylons.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Oh really? I never watched B5, the few episodes I saw always had the telepathic police or whatever being ******, and that turned me off to the show.

I wonder how much toilet paper reserves the fleet has

Comment

In episode 8, they finish setting up the bidets just before they run out.

SP

Comment

Originally posted by korn469
                      Oh really? I never watched B5, the few episodes I saw always had the telepathic police or whatever being ******, and that turned me off to the show.
                      They were character development that was important along the way, sometimes; and a complete waste of space in others. They were the slower episodes.

B5 was still the greatest epic scifi to ever hit TV.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

If you ignore the poor special effects, the lame writing and directing, the bad acting, and everything else except for the story. And those are surprisingly easy to ignore; the story manages to pull everything else up to make it the best SF series ever (if you discount Firefly, and probably BSG in a season or two).

SP

Comment

Firefly wasn't around long enough to qualify.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I have to admit, BSG is getting better than it was in the beginning. (beginning of the series, which sucked, because the miniseries was awesome)
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What are you talking about? 33 was brilliant!

Comment

BTW, just curious - is the new BSG all about Humans and Cylons only or are there other Aliens too?
                                Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X