Battlestar Galatica Picked Up For Second Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlestar Galatica Picked Up For Second Season

Apparently the SCI FI Channel has already given the green light for a second season. I didnt watch it the past two weeks cause of different obligations but had taped it and I must say it is way better than I would have dreamed of.

SCI FI Channel has ordered a second season of its hit series Battlestar Galactica, which has aired five episodes of its first season of 13 episodes. Details of the renewal—including which cast members will return, how many episodes will be produced and when the second season will commence—were still being worked out at press time.

Battlestar Galactica has been a ratings winner for SCI FI since its Jan. 14 premiere. The latest episode, Feb. 4's "You Can't Go Home Again," scored the show's best ratings yet, with 3.2 million viewers.

For the show's second season, creator and executive producer Ronald D. Moore previously told SCI FI Wire that he has already been working on as many as six new scripts to resolve the multiple cliffhangers that will end season one. Moore added that he wants to delve deeper into the show's religious themes and open up the Cylon world a bit more in the coming season. Moore continues to post his thoughts on a personal blog on SCIFI.COM. Battlestar Galactica airs Fridays at 10 p.m. ET/PT, part of the channel's SCI FI Fridays lineup.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I hope that it gets picked up in syndication like StarGate did
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Why's that Ted Striker? I think (though I'm not positive) that for most shows to get into syndication like that it takes around five seasons.

I'm with Sprayber though, BSG has far exceeded all of my previous expectations, though with every new episode I expect more and more out of the show. The only real problem I've had so far is that it killed me when they resorted in a string of lucky coincidences culminating with Star Buck repairing and flying the downed raider back to the Galactica; other than that it's been gritty, balanced, consistant, and interesting.

to the new season (i can't wait to finish this one up first, but i refuse to download the episodes early)

Comment

I don't have Sci Fi Channel at home.

The movie I saw on NBC freakin rocked.

Comment

Ted,

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have cable? If not you might want to consider getting Directv or Dish Network if you own your own place. I'm not trying to get your hopes up or anything but I've heard about two rumors floating around concerning NBC. The first is that NBC may rerun the season this summer if it does well enough on Scifi. The other rumor builds off of that, basically if it does well enough NBC may pick up the second season season. GE apparently owns both NBC and SciFi. The season is really good though. I know the all of the episodes are on available on the internet (illegally of course) because BSG came out in the UK first. So if you have high speed internet access you may want to check it out.

Comment

Thanks for the tips!

It looks like an awesome show!

Comment

It is

BSG
                  Ted Striker

Comment

Comment

Excellent. We need more quality SF gracing the airwaves.
                      The mini-series only just screened here last weekend and it did look fairly promising.

[ OTOH though, if they turn the cute girl playing 'Boomer' into a bad guy and kill her off I'll probably be sufficiently infuriated so as to stop watching in protest. ]

Comment

Who'd of thought anything to do with BSG could ever be thought of as quailty SciFi?
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon
                          Excellent. We need more quality SF gracing the airwaves.
                          The mini-series only just screened here last weekend and it did look fairly promising.

[ OTOH though, if they turn the cute girl playing 'Boomer' into a bad guy and kill her off I'll probably be sufficiently infuriated so as to stop watching in protest. ]
                          From the mini-series, you already know Boomer is a Cylon and that each model can have a number of individual units. Well, the one aboard Galactica partially realizes she is a Cylon plant, but is desperately trying to convince herself it isn't true. She manages to fight her sabotuer programming to a small degree; a glitch in her programming perhaps? They'll probably develope her further along those lines, maybe even have her revealed as a woman more Human than Cylon. We aren't really certain what the one on Caprica is up too however.
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

And for those of you not in the UK I can tell you that the cliffhanger at the end of season one is by far the best I have ever seen in any series.

No spoilers here though.
                            It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Sci-Fi would have been nuts to have done otherwise.
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                              X