This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Dating Experience

Right! So I go on this date with a girl I´m loosly acquainted with through a friend. We go to a café and start to talk about stuff you talk about on a date. Suddenly our mutual friend appears and sits down at our table and I´m like wtf? My date then says: "Oh, I invited xxx as well. I hope you don´t mind?" I then say that I didn´t expect a chaperon to which she replies that it wasn´t the intention. But how should I interpret this? Either she´s to scared to meet me on her own in a public place or that she is not interested in me in a sexual/romantic way? Allthough I don´t think it´s the former, since I visited her in her in the town where she lived then (this was a few years back) and stayed in her apartment the whole weekend.

But she was eager to meet me again, she said we had to go and drink coffee again sometime soon. What´s up with that?

But since I have precious little dating going on right now... oh, alright so far this millennium... I´m considering asking her out to a movie and a few beers. But if nothing happens then I´m going to drop it. But feel free to advice me!

Edit: Don´t bother to do the poll. The question is moot now...
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    20.00%
    Spank her sorry ass with a banana!
    30.00%
    Last edited by Zoid; February 20, 2005, 16:15.
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

You neglected to mention the crucial point. Do you fancy her?
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Well, I´m not in love or anything. She´s quite nice to talk to and has similar interests like horror flicks and heavy metal. I wouldn´t mind nailing her as well. So, yes I´d say I fancy her a bit at least.

Comment

I imagine she invited the friend so if you ended up being a total bore then she'd have an excuse to leave. You make your own call on dating her again because only you know if she's your type.
        Last edited by Dinner; February 10, 2005, 16:28.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

If she invited a friend on your date, perhaps the lass was unaware that she was on a date?

Comment

Of course, she was probably thinking: "This guy's a Commie. He loves to share! "

Comment

I don't see any problem with her inviting the third wheel on the date. There could of been plenty of reasons why she did so, things is she over came those reasons and wants to go out again.. I think you should.

and invite a friend of yours this time!
              Monkey!!!

Comment

John T, Maybe... I´ll have to make sure that she knows that next time. And if she declines becuse of this...well there you have it I suppose...

Oerdin, possibly. But we have met before, why would she want to meet me again if I´m such a total bore?

Comment

next time go to a place somewhere slightly more upscale.
                  I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Japher, I´ll do that. I´ll bring along my female friend whom I spend almost all my waken time with. Then we´ll see who´s got the upper hand

sb, it was a place of her choice. She wanted coffee and a sandwich.

Comment

Don't brng any friends. If you want her to think of you as a boyfriend then start acting like a boyfriend. Open door, compliment how she looks, go on dates alone, tell her you enjoy her company, and all of that crap. Self Biased's suggestion of moving upscale is also good because she'll likely figure out you don't want to just casually hang out you want to date her.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Open door, compliment how she looks, go on dates alone, tell her you enjoy her company, and all of that crap.

Such sensitivity brings a tear to my eye.

Comment

Ok, update.

So, I invited her home to watch a movie (Shaun of the Dead, pretty good actually...) and chat a bit. I had made some snacks and dip (which she didn´t eat) and bought some Pommac (soft drink, which she didn´t drink ´cause she has diabetes). But almost immidately after the movie was over she starts to look at the watch. Then we discuss the movie for about 10 minutes and then she says: "well, now I have to go". I mean wtf does she want with me? Nothing, obviously...

Well, **** it. I´m not wasting any more time on that *****. I´ve lost all interest. But at least a gave it a try...

Comment

She may be uninterested. I would think the ball is in her court and if she wants anything more out of it she'll let you know.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Did you just watch the movie or did you put the moves on her? Perhaps she expected it and now thinks that you are uninterested.
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                              X