Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: I hooah enlisted today

Originally posted by Sikander
    They must have changed the ASVAB since I took it, as I got a 125 while hung over and sick as a dog. Congrats btw, you'll probably like MI, I did.
    Yeah, 99 is highest now. Apparently I missed just 2 questions.

Actually he's in an Infantry Battalion, so it might get hairy.
    Well, again...it's not too likely I'll be called up for a while.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Yeah, 99 is highest now. Apparently I missed just 2 questions

Slacker!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
        I'm going to college now actually. I'm SMPing so basically I'll be an understudy of whatever platoon lt eventually replaces me. And I can't be called up for about 2 1/2 years
        We'll be at the peak of our troop deployment in Iraq by then.

Thanks for your service to the country. Dont get killed over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

They must have changed the ASVAB since I took it, as I got a 125 while hung over and sick as a dog. Congrats btw, you'll probably like MI, I did.
          When I took it 150 was max. You needed to average at least 120 to get in to Psyops plus they wanted you to pass the DLAB so they could send you to language school in Monterrey.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: I hooah enlisted today

I got an S2 slot (Military Intelligence) in an infantry unit.

I'll also apparently be a platoon leader until the platoon I'm in gets a Lt. I got this after I scored a 98 on the ASVAB test. The highest is 99 so it's pretty good stuff. Should be fun. I'll also be getting E5 pay even though I'll be an E3.

I almost didnt getting it because I'm color blind, but I got it anyway.
            Congratulations.

Blue colour blind? That'll be tough trying to read tactical maps. Its always easier to provide analysis when you can compare blue and red force positions.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Yeah battle maps will likely be a sore point for him.

Comment

Originally posted by bfg9000

We'll be at the peak of our troop deployment in Iraq by then.

Thanks for your service to the country. Dont get killed over there.
                I'll be fine with being deployed then. I just want to graduate first.
                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Re: Re: Re: I hooah enlisted today

Originally posted by Oerdin

When I took it 150 was max. You needed to average at least 120 to get in to Psyops plus they wanted you to pass the DLAB so they could send you to language school in Monterrey.
                  Psyops is something I'd like to do eventually

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                    Congratulations.

Blue colour blind? That'll be tough trying to read tactical maps. Its always easier to provide analysis when you can compare blue and red force positions.
                    Actually blue red wasn't one of the problems. It was mostly the redish and greenish and related colors. So map reading will be a problem, but telling the forces apart will be ok. I can still tell things apart on a map, it could just take a bit longer. Hopefully I'll be able to wing it until I won't have to worry too much about land nav anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

The high score for the ASVAB has been 99 since the 1980's at least.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Actually blue red wasn't one of the problems. It was mostly the redish and greenish and related colors. So map reading will be a problem, but telling the forces apart will be ok. I can still tell things apart on a map, it could just take a bit longer. Hopefully I'll be able to wing it until I won't have to worry too much about land nav anymore.
                        So you know which force is which but not where they are?

I hope you aren't calling in air support or artillery!
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: I hooah enlisted today

Originally posted by Tuberski

The high score for the ASVAB has been 99 since the 1980's at least.

ACK!
                          I know in 1995 it wasn't. You could get 150 in several areas.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: I hooah enlisted today

Originally posted by MikeH
                            So you know which force is which but not where they are?

I hope you aren't calling in air support or artillery!
                            I can tell where they are....I can read the grid lines I do that quite well actually.

Comment

BTW you have to qualify on land nav twice per year but normally they use the same areas so after a few years you start to memorize the marker numbers and can cheat.

Comment

Too many acronyms
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X