My friend has just been murdered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend has just been murdered

I've just heard that a recent friend of mine has been found dead.

Apparently she witnessed another murder, went on the run and was found yesterday with every bone in her body smashed.

Any advice? What should I do?

How should I feel? Right now I don't feel anything... got a million thoughts through my head but I don't FEEL anything...
    Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
    "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Why didn't she tell the police?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

oh crap.....

well, I don't know what you are supposed to think or feel. But by feeling nothing, I think it is normal at this point. It just hasn't kicked in yet and is difficult to understand in all levels. Many people are just 'hmm' you know.. I think it's some kind of self protecting method that is automatic.

I think you should take it into account, that you will feel something later on, be it in few hours, tomorrow or later on, so don't go doing anything that takes a great deal of accuracy. Don't go drinking heavily soon. The million thoughts running in your head are going to slow down a bit in time... so when it happens, just don't push it away too long but let the thoughts come to you and then you can process those thoughts. It'll come naturally in time.

So my advice is, don't do anything stupid, or put yourself in a situation where you can be stupid now. Also, you want to talk to someone. Maybe some of your mutual friends. Also don't push away if you get a chance to talk with a professional.

And last but not least, sorry to hear this. These things are always real stoppers and let's hope the evil behind this will be revealed and put in front of justice. Take care of yourself now, and don't be stupid. Don't get any ideas of any kind but just take care of yourself, and don't listen to your heart. Time for common sense.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

This might be also early, but you know when you feel like it.. IF you feel like it some day, why don't you tell us about your friend.. who she was, what she was like.. you know, let us know your friend.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Monkey!!!

Comment

Urban, I don't know any details; if she did go to the cops she wouldn't be first to turn up dead as a result...

... Pekka, the problem with talking to my mutual friends is that one of them is probably the killer and the others aren't exactly level headed right now.

Got to go talk to her boyfriend. Wish me luck (please God it isn't true)...
            Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy
              Urban, I don't know any details; if she did go to the cops she wouldn't be first to turn up dead as a result...

... Pekka, the problem with talking to my mutual friends is that one of them is probably the killer and the others aren't exactly level headed right now.

Got to go talk to her boyfriend. Wish me luck (please God it isn't true)...
              You need new friends
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

This really blows. I'm sorry for the girl, her family, and all of her friends.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

my condolances. i'd offer some kind of words of comfort, but this is by and far out of my league.
                  I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

this is terrible.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Cruddy, yeah you need new friends man... that sounds really bad ... Just take care of yourself right now and everything will come naturally in time. And don't do anything that you wouldn't normally do.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy

Stay out of trouble, avoid being alone.
                          Help the police where you can.
                          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Also remember, in situations like these, you come first, everyone else last. Read between the lines. Anyway, that's about it from me. Sorry I couldn't be any more of a help to you.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Damn, dude.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                              X