Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get one of those small beer fridges then.

Now that's something they should advertise during the Super Bowl, then people could watch soccer!
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

But I already watch soccer .

And small fridges are nice, but I can't justify the expense being a struggling student and then (Hmmm, thinks Imran, that doesn't stop you from buying beer and games... shaddup!)
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Exactly.
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Another main problem is this idiotic Christian law that they can't sell beer on Sundays. Since I usually go to the grocery store on Sundays, that usually ends up sucking. I need to start going on another day. I have one pub can of Guinness left and then I'm tapped out.

I got no more beer left for England v. Netherlands! It's a sad state of affairs!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

You watch friendlies?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Of course! Why not? It's still soccer .

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                I got no more beer left for England v. Netherlands! It's a sad state of affairs!
                Don't worry, it's a friendly so it'll be a crap game anyway.

About half the stars of both teams won't even attend. Coach Van Basten will use this match to give some rookies a chance to gain experience.
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

You can't sell beer on Sundays?! Awful.

England Netherlands will probably suck, for England at least. We've got no fit defenders.

With Robben and Van Nistelroij injured and Kluivert not playing well/injured I think Holland might be struggling to get forwards too... how fit is Hasselbaink?
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                    With Robben and Van Nistelroij injured and Kluivert not playing well/injured I think Holland might be struggling to get forwards too... how fit is Hasselbaink?
                    THAT is never a problem. We have enough capable forwards to fill 2 entire football teams (including reserves).

Van Nistelrooij, Kluivert, Makaay, Hasselbaink, Van Hooijdonk, Robben, Kuijt, Castelen, Van der Vaart, Van der Meijden, Yildrim, Van Persie, Collins John, Babel, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Huntelaar, Kalou (assuming he'll be allowed to switch to Dutch nationality), etc...
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I didnt see more than a quarter of the game but I saw maybe half of the commercials. Of those the robbery one was the best (I didnt see the spagetti sauce one).
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Hey Spencer.. no thread-jacking all right!!
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

OK

I dont care who wins so long as the Dutch dont.
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Another advertising professional checking in...

Notable SB ads for me:
                            1. Mortgage Company "Don't Judge Too Quick" convenience store robbery. (I missed the spaghetti-cat execution.)
                            2. Diet Pepsi -- both the P Diddy truck and "celebrities" spot were decent
                            3. FedEx -- 10 parts of a good commercial (hilarious!!)

The winter-convertible Ford spot and some of the Bud Light spots were OK. The post-wardrobe malfunction chilling effect was obvious, with 2 pretty mild ads (Bud drinker causes wardrobe malfunction; Micky Rooney's butt) pulled due to fear they might offend.

It was clear that most companies were just trying not to offend anybody, and that's no way to create memorable, impactful ads. Overall, I thought it was a pretty weak year.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                              OK

I dont care who wins so long as the Dutch dont.

Comment

I liked the monkey whoopie cushion one.
                                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                                X