No announcement yet.

Another scandal for a national guard unit in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A big "Hell yeah!!!" to that post shawn.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH

Seems pretty normal US priorities to me. Violence etc. is fine but any kind of sex/nudity is a massive scandle.
      Are you seriously taking Dissident's point of view and turning it into a broad statement about the US? I know you feel that need to dig at the US as much as you can but just because he posts a thread does not make it a pressing matter here. They handled it on the scene and it was the end of it .
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Not really taking Dissident's point.

It's a culmination of loads of different news topics, scandles etc. Janet's breast last year for instance. What a non story that was. There does seem to be a strange balance in the US about what violence is acceptable and what sex is. Basically almost no sex is allowable but amazing levels of violence are.

Personally I think - sex = good, violence = bad. So the balance should be totally the other way.

Maybe it's not really like that there. That's certainly how it seems though.
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

What a load o crap. Unless you start plinking at the natives, what happens at such events is usually viewed with a blind-eye (and I've seen some pretty outrageous stuff). This has all the stink of some PC desk jockey trying to get promoted.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I think the real scandal is they demoted this woman.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It's insane. She was the one being degraded.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                What a load o crap. Unless you start plinking at the natives, what happens at such events is usually viewed with a blind-eye (and I've seen some pretty outrageous stuff). This has all the stink of some PC desk jockey trying to get promoted.
                Me thinks it's higher up wanting to show they are running a tight ship now and that they won't tolerate anything less than holier than the pope.

So setting a couple of easy examples should go over very well (in their mind). ( especially with the home-crowd and especially when it's sex!!!! related)
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

You can't really say they are blowing this out of proportion like other sex scandals. This hasn't hit national news (except for the drudge report) yet. Just a small home town newspaper that somehow managed to get a hold of the pictures.

I just think it's a humorous story. There is no real political message here. The soldiers want to have fun, end of story. You can say she was coerced into it. Peer pressure can be a strong thing. But you also have to admit people need to take responsibility for their own actions. Some women don't mind being demeaned to be more popular etc.

So don't take this thread too seriously, if I find some more pictures, I'll post them. Because isn't the most important thing, dirty women?

Comment

An article about it was in the morning's Chicago Tribune.

But at least it was buried in the middle and not on the front page. Overeaction at best.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

MikeH is right though

It's crazy we get all bent out of shape about sex and profanity, but huge levels of violence are A Okay.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                        I need more details to make a judgement. So I demand bigger pics.
                        Yawohl!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

So the women gets demoted...

What happend to all the men standing around gaping in awe?
                          Apolyton Empress
                          "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

btw one person said the women weren't scantily clad, but the woman demoted was "flashing" the other soldiers.

just to clarify. couldn't find any bigger pictures though. .

Comment

here's more pictures, this England tabloid won't allow me to right click and post the pictures here.

Comment

let me try this one

Comment

Working...
                                X