Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a 40 hour a week, 40k a year job make you happy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Would a 40 hour a week, 40k a year job make you happy?

Originally posted by Vesayen
    Stipulations: You are GUARANTEED the job for life.

You will never, ever, ever get promoted or get raises past inflation's effect.

The job is mindless and boring, while not physically demanding or hard, it is boring as hell.

You get 2 and a half weeks of paid vacation a year and good health benifits/insurance.

Would this job make you happy?
    Since I make far more money doing something moderately interesting with 40 hour-ish weeks and 4 weeks vacation--- I think I'll take NONO NO NO

Hell NO-- A thousand times NO
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I am still in school and I got a job at a software company and I make about 40k, but after taxes it is more like 30k. In Southern California that does not go really far, and if you had to raise a family it would be really hard to do.

But my job is not borring, I like it, I can get promoted, but I am not guaranteed employement.
      Donate to the American Red Cross.
      Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

• Re: Would a 40 hour a week, 40k a year job make you happy?

Originally posted by Vesayen
        Stipulations: You are GUARANTEED the job for life.

You will never, ever, ever get promoted or get raises past inflation's effect.

The job is mindless and boring, while not physically demanding or hard, it is boring as hell.

You get 2 and a half weeks of paid vacation a year and good health benifits/insurance.

Would this job make you happy?
        Boring? Not unless I have family.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Why the **** would I take a **** job like that?
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I too would not take a stupid job like that. Most people if they put their minds to it can do a lot better then that job. Besides money and job are not the things that make people happy.
            Donate to the American Red Cross.
            Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

• No effing way!

Comment

• Work slightly more and make a whole lot less? No, thanks.
                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• No way.
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas
                  I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• Actually, my job is very interesting (see my sign), and my second job too... I'm a part time musician.

I make a lot more than 40k... And it’s not enough to pay my bills...

A second thought... As a third job, I may consider this.
                    RIAA sucks
                    The Optimistas
                    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• I've made more as an intern, I wouldn't take $40k a year under relatively favorable circumstances.
                      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                      -Joan Robinson

Comment

• Of course it wouldn't make you happy. Happiness is a chemical in the brain.
                        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

• No. Too many hours.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• God no. It's a significant downgrade and more boring to boot.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• No way. 40k for boring stuff, no chance to advance? No way.

For boring and no chance to advance, raise it to 200k a year and we'll discuss about it.
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

• Easter is usually on a SUNDAY

While it's bad here, it's not that bad.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X