No announcement yet.

The Avatar Critique and Appraisal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just thinking of changing mine a few days ago, unless someone has a perfect suggestion I'll just let it surprise y'all...

(Rev Sharpton is getting a little old...)
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• Originally posted by aaglo
      Right.... what do you think of my avatar - is it a subject to crushing critizism from the community, or don't you all just LOVE IT!
      I LOVE it
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• This thread lacks appropriate worship of GO avatars
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• I have a new avatar. well, not really. I've used this old avatar before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
            This thread lacks appropriate worship of GO avatars
            Like the one you have? I've been wondering for a while what's the deal with those. Not that they don't look good, they do. I was just wondering what it all meant, or who did them.
            Last edited by Nostromo; June 16, 2005, 17:00.
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• Smiley does them. They embody characters striving to become Galactic Overlord
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• edit: I just saw Ming's post.

I have been pre-emptively censored.

Agathon, create a thread about this violation of human rights post-haste!
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by mrmitchell
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Did you put some liptick on your tiger? Shame on you! And what's he got in his mouth?
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• Santa. I was hungry.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon

What a load of crap. You two are the most curently pathetic example of groupthink on Apolyton. As I've pointed out numerous times, he is a repeat offender – repeatedly insulting people who don't insult back (note that he never gets banned for arguing with me, because that goes both ways). Repeat offenders are held to a double standard until they stop repeat offending.

I know. I have been in exactly the same boat - at one point anything mildly bad I did was resulting in bans. Your suggestion that the moderators and UR in particular have some sort of vendetta going is simply not true.
                        Why hasn't Tingkai been banned?
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi
                          Why hasn't Tingkai been banned?
                          You haven't read what Ming wrote.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Yes, but how does it apply when the offender repeats and we see nothing done. Yet in Asher's case its made quite public by the mod.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Whiner
                              I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

• Yes, the shirt is too bright.

Comment

Working...
                                X