No announcement yet.

Your SuperBowl supplies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it called the Super Bowl. What does it have to do with a bowl.

Comment

My brother is holding a Not-A-Superbowl party, to take advantage of all the sales on party stuff without having to go through the pain of actually watching a Superbowl.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
        Why is it called the Super Bowl. What does it have to do with a bowl.
        I guess because the stadiums are shaped like a bowl.

Comment

I think I'm watching, just to see what they say 'bout my ex-home. That and the commercials. I hear there's gonna be some spoofs on Janet's wardrobe "malfunction."
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
            I think I'm watching, just to see what they say 'bout my ex-home. That and the commercials. I hear there's gonna be some spoofs on Janet's wardrobe "malfunction."
            haha, the sports colomnists have been trashing Jacksonville. Too spread out, people having to stay in hotel rooms 30 minutes away, not enough cabs, poor public transportation, etc. Not to mention the night life, there's nothing to do. I worked in Jacksonville a couple of weeks, I did not see anything of interest. Just the usual bars and strip clubs. *yawn*

Comment

I'm ready!

Let's see... I have a case of Karl Strauss Amber Lager, an economy sized bag of Lays brand potato chips (hickery BBQ flavor), a party plater from the local super with various cheeses & lunch meats, a Costco sized box of pre-made hamburgers with associated buns and condiments (including freshly cut onions, tomatos, pickles, and lettuce), and two 2 liter bottles of Coke. I am officially ready for the Super Bowl!

Originally, my friends and I were all going to meet over at one of the other guy's houses but he's girlfriend started complaining about the mess we made last time so it has been moved to my house. Pity because he has a larger TV. On the upside I've invited Jennie who I met at a local bar last Thursday night.

I must now vacuum the house and clean my room so that the place is presentable. I don't care if my friends see the place a mess but I must try to impress the lady.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: I'm ready!

Originally posted by Oerdin

I must now vacuum the house and clean my room so that the place is presentable. I don't care if my friends see the place a mess but I must try to impress the lady.
                Same here
                Blah

Comment

I didn't buy any junkfood, but I'm not a big junkfood eater. I don't want to gain all the weight back I lost. I'll probably cook some burgers on my george foreman grill.

As for alcohol... I miss it dearly, but I won't be drinking.

And I wont be going out, and I'm not inviting anyone over. My brother will be here of course, but that's it.

Comment

Weight is for wimps.
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Shouldn't this have gone in the Super Bowl supplies thread?

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Ok, posts have been moved to the other thread. This one can be closed.

Comment

I've also rang a friend and he's going to be bringing some chili we can warm up in the microwave. I have tickets to the Modest Mouse concert tonight at 7pm so it will be tight to have the party, watch the Super Bowl, and go with Jennie to the concert but I think we’ll make it.

Not bad for a first official date with a girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            Ok, posts have been moved to the other thread. This one can be closed.
                            Well... not quite, I did a merge so the old thread was just deleted
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Well... not quite, I did a merge so the old thread was just deleted
                              Which explains the deju vu feeling I had reading this thread.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Oh Gosh! Thus is tonight! from 00:30 to 6:10 AM

Luckily I have a frozen pizza and some beer
                                Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Working...
                                X