No announcement yet.

Gary Larson, how many did he kill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larsen has always been one of my very favorites. Genius, certainly! Who can forget the controversy that raged across the country over "Cow Tools".

I recall that the day the Loma Prieta earthquake struck California in 1989, the Far Side calendar cartoon for that day showed all the familiar characters randomly floating around in the frame. The caption was "Out of Order". Spooky!
    Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
      Will you pay the postage?
      Oh fine.

Some people
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by mindseye
        Larsen has always been one of my very favorites. Genius, certainly! Who can forget the controversy that raged across the country over "Cow Tools".

I recall that the day the Loma Prieta earthquake struck California in 1989, the Far Side calendar cartoon for that day showed all the familiar characters randomly floating around in the frame. The caption was "Out of Order". Spooky!
        Sorry, either I've taken too many bad drugs or I was sleeping that day but what was the "Cow Tools Controversy"?
        If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

The canine decoder helmet one has always been a favorite.
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I remember a good one:

A guy sits at a lawn. An alien spaceship lands, an alien jumps out, walks up to him and punches him in the face. The alien walks back to the space ship, climbs in and takes off. Explaining text: Jim Olsen never knew what hit him
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Oh yees, Larson's rock. I had some book as a present some years ago and I laughed so hard I almost choked. So his work and Dilbert are my favourite cartoons, I really don't follow anything else.

One of my favourite Larson's would be where these two people, a man and a woman try to pick up something from the floor at the same time, the same item, and their heads bump so the bird(?) in a cage says 'There you go'.

That's it.. brilliant But you should see the picture of course.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Arrgghh!
                    Attached Files

Comment

One of the best one's was where the kid at the "Midvale School for the Gifted" is trying to push open the door marked pull.

I also liked the "School for the Mechanically Declined" where there's a giant diagram of how to put a screwdriver into a screw.
                      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

None of them are funny.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Bah.
                          Attached Files

Comment

at this thread.

I had a bunch of Gary Larson books when I was younger, but for some reason, I gave them to my kid brother. So now he has a bunch of Gary Larson books.

at me.

Asmodean
                            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

good thread
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Oh Mercy.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X