Bush denied Rumsfeld's resignation twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giancarlo

And you call yourself a libertarian. How disgraceful. I thought you'd stand up for the freedom of the Iraqi people brought along by Rumsfeld and more importantly the Bush adminstration as a whole. Shame on you!
    I was of the impression that the Libertarian Party was opposed to foreign interventions ...
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

As a general rule Libertarians are opposed to just about everything; foreign or other wise.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        Rummy wasn't resigning because he felt he should resign. He was just offering to fall on his sword.
        if he didnt feel he should resign then he just offered something that was not his in the first place: it's the president's will that keeps secretateries in their seats.

so rumsfeld claiming that he was "willing to resign" is just a show off. if bush wanted him gone he had no need to "ask" him to resign.....
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Mark, its an anglo thing, people offer their resignation to show loyalty
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

it's not anglo thing, it's a politicians' thing (our guys over here do it too, plus we've discovered politics you know )

and that's not showing loyalty, that's covering your behind ("i offered my resignation but the big guy said all was ok")
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              it's the president's will that keeps secretateries in their seats.
              Is this something about Clinton??
              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                it's not anglo thing, it's a politicians' thing (our guys over here do it too, plus we've discovered politics you know )

and that's not showing loyalty, that's covering your behind ("i offered my resignation but the big guy said all was ok")
                No, it's covering your boss's behind. Rummy wasn't saying, I'm guilty, I should go. He was saying, I'll be the fall guy for this. It's a loyalty thing.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

And I think it is out of a sense of duty as well. I'm the one who was supposed to be in charge, so I'm guilty.

Comment

Except Dear Leader doesn't think he did anything wrong. He's made that clear many, many times. If he fired Rummy, he would be publicly saying that his administration ****ed up, and thus he did.
                    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                    -Bokonon

Comment

I didn't say Bush thought he was guilty.

Comment

Of course he doesn't think that. Shrub's infallible, so his administration is as well.
                        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                        -Bokonon

Comment

Shrub works for God don't you know.....
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

it's not anglo thing, it's a politicians' thing (our guys over here do it too, plus we've discovered politics you know

Considering you invented it and it's your word, that is a bit of an understatement.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

offering ones resignation without actually resigning is an Anglo thing - its a British Westminster tradition.

There were once conventions about when a resignation should be offered, for both ministers and officials. For example misleading the Minister was automatic for a resignation offer at officials level because if the Minister misled the parliament the Minister had to resign.

Comment

I'd say his integrity is high. Instead of ducking the issue and making Rumsfeld the fall guy Bush took the brunt. In an election year too.

Audacity or balls? I call balls.
                                It took an ability to look at oneself in the mirror no matter how ugly the picture. How do you put soldiers in cages for following orders and not hold the upper brass accountable as well - ALL the people responsible, not just a few disposables who might face court martial or at the least an end to their career if they don't do as told. They are the least culpable in this...

Clayton Hartwig all over again under a second Bush, and what truly amazes me is how the military is so
                                pro-Repub when its so obvious they get thrown to the wolves to save GOP a-holes from their responsibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X