Record low temperatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record low temperatures

With all the debate about global warming, it is surprising that record low temperatures are still common, apart from this article, Melbourne, Australia had its coldest February day on record, and our summers have been predicted to get hotter in Australia, not colder. Is global warming really happening?

global warming doesn't mean that the weather is going to get warmer

go rent The Day After Tomorrow
    Monkey!!!

Comment

You're not seriously asking people to rent that movie to understand climate change, are you?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

There will always be yearly fluctuations in temperature. Looking at a few locations doesn't mean anything. You have to get a statistical analysis of worldwide temperatures over a long period of time.

All of those analyses agree that the average global temperature is steadily increasing, albeit at a slow pace. Now the cause of this is debatable, but not the fact that it is happening.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

We have approx 150 years of mesurements of the envrionment and a planet which is billions of years old - why shouldn't known extreme limits not be moved ?
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

At least they'd get a better understanding of it

I'm sick of everyone going "it's getting colder, ergo no global warming"

I saw a PBS or Discovery documentry on it that was better, but I can't remember the name and I doubt you could get a copy of it.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

BlackCat -

Holy double negative.

What?
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                BlackCat -

Holy double negative.

What?
                "what" back, what wasn't understandable ?
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  You're not seriously asking people to rent that movie to understand climate change, are you?
                  exactly

and that movie is for lefties only anyways. I'm surprised Japher mentiones that movie as any authoirity.

Comment

I get it, an I agree. But as Japher says, it has zip to do with more common average temps.
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Hey, I don't believe in global warming. Still, if you are going to argue it at least come at with a little understanding of how weather patterns, ocean currents, and the polar ice caps play in to the whole fabricated model... At least that movie does that, the whole birds falling out of the sky thing was funny too.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

The first and second week of February is usually the hottest time of year here in Canberra with temperatures up to 40C (over 100F).

Today the temperature is 8C! That's 4 degrees colder than the coldest February day ever recorded
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I accept that the world has warmed a little in the last decade or two, I also accept that the world climate was far warmer during the viking expansion around 1100AD or thereabouts, and this extra warmth allowed them to colonize Iceland, Greenland and North America briefly until the weather cooled again.
                          Until much more data comes in, it is wrong to categorically state the present warming trend is due to CO2 levels, or that it is nothing more than a cyclical trend. As I am unaware of mass destruction caused by the much warmer cyclical climate of the viking expansion, it is also wrong to assume a warmer climate is automatically damaging to human civilization

Comment

Trev: shouldn't you be busy answering questions in other threads instead of starting new ? We wait eagerly on your responds.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Oh please don't remind him, BC.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                              X