This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cruddy

Just as you are ignorant of any other genocide that occurs apart from that which affected your nearest and dearest.

Black, white, yellow or brown, we all bleed red you know.
    Excuuuse, me, i am the one who has started threads here about Darfur, threads which most have ignored. I have also discussed several other instances of genocide on these forums. Mr. Churchill chose the Holocaust as his basis of comparison, NOT me.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• OK LOTM. I apologize. Your reference to "the" holocaust is what set me off.

Genocide in Darfur? Not according to the UN.

I know, they couldn't find their butt with both hands.
      Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
      "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Actually, he doesn't.

[q]* It is not disputed that the Pentagon was a military target, or that a CIA office was situated in the World Trade Center.
        1. was al qaeeda even aware of the office?

2. IIRC that was an FBI office, NOT a CIA office.

3. which tower was it in? why attack the other tower?

AQ has stated on several occasions that this was an attack on the american economy, and on a symbol of american power. It has never mentioned the CIA office, AFAIK. Funny how some beleive AQ statements when they mention Israel and Iraq, but not other AQ statements.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

OK LOTM. I apologize. Your reference to "the" holocaust is what set me off.

Genocide in Darfur? Not according to the UN.

I know, they couldn't find their butt with both hands.

Its conventionally called "the holocaust" I prefer the shoah - the greek origins of holocaust imply a sacrifice, which is not what it was. The Hebrew Shoah means simply "disaster".

Which is not to imply that what happened in Turkish Armenia, in Rwanda, in Cambodia, and in Kurdistan were not also disasters.

Me, I was set off by an idiot comparing a bond trader to Eichman. If he had chose to compare the Cantor Fitz traders to the genocidaires of Rwanda, or the Saddam, chemical ali, and the other murderers of the kurds, id be just as offended.

Comment

• Originally posted by laurentius

You are not being very funny here.

DU ammunition, half-life 4,5 billion years.....
            Tens of millions of people will die because of you...I hope you feel good about it.
            In plain English, "half-life 4.5 billion years" means "very low activity".

As for tens of millions going to die, get real.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• It's a disgusting essay. Amusing that one poster said he didn't like "demonizing" the enemy, seems to have no problem with the author referring to the innocent victims of the attacks as "Eichmanns."

Still, this is the reaction the guy wants. He knows what he says is vile, he's eager to get publicity over it. What better way to make a big splash than to outrage millions?

Neither the Pentagon nor the WTC were populated entirely by military personel nor "greedy" finance barons. The majority of those who worked in the WTC and who died were just office workers, including temps, college interns, support staff and such. Not to mention all the wait staff from the restaurant. I'm baffled how anyone could call them "little Eichmanns."
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I'm not saying DU ammunition is a totallysafe weapon of war but;

1) It's only toxic when powderized, and then it tends to hang around the target (high density = short distance travalled). Yes, battlefields should be (and these days, are) sanitized as soon as possible to stop the locals climbing around old hulks and getting contaminated.

2) Everybody uses it, not just the US. Why not go haranuge some Russians about Chechnya?
                "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark

Which is not to imply that what happened in Turkish Armenia, in Rwanda, in Cambodia, and in Kurdistan were not also disasters.
                  How's about the West Bank and Gaza? Why do Arabs call the formation of Israel "the catastrophe"?

Why am I asking you? Maybe I should go to Israel and ask them... IF they'll let me in.

Comment

• [QUOTE] Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                    It's a disgusting essay.

folks like him should be given the finger

Comment

How's about the West Bank and Gaza? Why do Arabs call the formation of Israel "the catastrophe"?
                      Because they suffered greatly. However it was not genocide.

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark

Because they suffered greatly. However it was not genocide.
                        Do you work for the UN?

Comment

Do you work for the UN?
                          Why dont you actually learn something about what happened in '48, instead of making illogical remarks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist

In plain English, "half-life 4.5 billion years" means "very low activity".

As for tens of millions going to die, get real.

Educate yourself about this, then come back. The leukemia cases alone are 8 times as high now in Baghdad than before 2003. When mother used to ask the doctors "Is it he or she" now they as "Is it normal or abnormal" These genetic mutations will pass to the next generations causing cancer, miscarriage and deformations for many many many years to come. Tens of millions of people will die.
                            Last edited by laurentius; February 2, 2005, 15:03.
                            Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Cite, please. Then prove that DU is the direct cause, please.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor

Only the strong can have a claim to legitimacy?
                                Legitamacy is established by recognition. In most cases that unfortunatley means the power to enforce directly or by agreement of others that can enforce it.

Terrorism by its definition/implemntation discredits any form of recognition. It works at cross purposes. By mere use of the practice it signals to all that is is illegitamite and merely causes harm to the victims of its practice but equally if not moreso to its own goals.

Well, I knew the Libbies want a society that will inevitably end up in a "might makes right" anarchy, but you guys are supposed to dislike it
                                Nice troll.
                                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X