Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think the people on board the planes (other than the terrorists) can be classed as anything other than random, innocent victims.

You can argue until blue in the face about the Pentagon and people in the WTC. But those passengers WERE innocent - the terrorists almost certainly had no way of knowing who they were, and indeed didn't care.

This professor clearly ignores this fact.
    Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
    "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

• Originally posted by laurentius
      Combat teams dont do suicide missions?
      Not if they have a brain on the team.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor

We didn't (we knew full well what we did). And it is us who declared warto Germany also.
        About 6 countries to late.

ACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski

Nope.

Stupid? yes. Evil? Only if you are an America hating Finn.

ACK!

No, that is purely evil...

EVIL

Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark

EVERYONE in the WTC was an innocent, as far as international law is concerned. Who in the WTC was bearing arms?
            Since when did you give a stuff about international law?
            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

• Originally posted by laurentius

No, that is purely evil...

EVIL

Do Finns us it? If not, it doesn't qualify as evil.

sorry.

ACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark

Ergo, Churchill is totally ignorant of the history of the holocaust. QED.
                Just as you are ignorant of any other genocide that occurs apart from that which affected your nearest and dearest.

Black, white, yellow or brown, we all bleed red you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruddy
                  This professor clearly ignores this fact.
                  Actually, he doesn't.

* It is not disputed that the Pentagon was a military target, or that a CIA office was situated in the World Trade Center. Following the logic by which U.S. Defense Department spokespersons have consistently sought to justify target selection in places like Baghdad, this placement of an element of the American "command and control infrastructure" in an ostensibly civilian facility converted the Trade Center itself into a "legitimate" target. Again following U.S. military doctrine, as announced in briefing after briefing, those who did not work for the CIA but were nonetheless killed in the attack amounted to no more than "collateral damage." If the U.S. public is prepared to accept these "standards" when the are routinely applied to other people, they should be not be surprised when the same standards are applied to them.

If it's okay to kill civilians to get at Hussein, then it's okay to fly a plane into the Pentagon. If you acept the logic that it's okay to kill civilians, you're stuck. Since I don't accept the logic that it's okay to kill civilians, I can freely criticize both.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski

Do Finns us it? If not, it doesn't qualify as evil.

sorry.

ACK!

You are not being very funny here.

DU ammunition, half-life 4,5 billion years.....
                    Tens of millions of people will die because of you...I hope you feel good about it.

This is a good documentary: "The Doctors, the Depleted Uranium and the Dying Children"

Last edited by laurentius; February 2, 2005, 14:04.
                    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruddy

Since when did you give a stuff about international law?
                      Of course it is a valid point to argue with international law. Unless you say IL shouldn't exist at all, and everyone can do what he wants to do with those which he sees as his enemies. That there were/are other IL violations does not mean it is ok to violate IL permanently.
                      Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro

... That there were/are other IL violations does not mean it is ok to violate IL permanently.
                        How can you permanently violate a law? Sooner or later you're dead anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Actually, he doesn't.

* It is not disputed that the Pentagon was a military target, or that a CIA office was situated in the World Trade Center. Following the logic by which U.S. Defense Department spokespersons have consistently sought to justify target selection in places like Baghdad, this placement of an element of the American "command and control infrastructure" in an ostensibly civilian facility converted the Trade Center itself into a "legitimate" target. Again following U.S. military doctrine, as announced in briefing after briefing, those who did not work for the CIA but were nonetheless killed in the attack amounted to no more than "collateral damage." If the U.S. public is prepared to accept these "standards" when the are routinely applied to other people, they should be not be surprised when the same standards are applied to them.

If it's okay to kill civilians to get at Hussein, then it's okay to fly a plane into the Pentagon. If you acept the logic that it's okay to kill civilians, you're stuck. Since I don't accept the logic that it's okay to kill civilians, I can freely criticize both.
                          Ah, but you are putting the cart before the horse.

9/11 happened BEFORE the attack on Iraq.

Another point... what chance did the passengers on the planes have of surviving? Zero.

What chance did SH or any other Iraqi have of surviving? Higher than zero.

Not the same thing at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

It added 20% to his already staggering paycheck ($94+K).
                            Wow! Ok, a lot of department heads aren't paid that much. I don't see why they would be. It's not really an important job.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Atahualpa
                              hmm I think the discussion has evolved to the point of discussing an individual's vs a societies' responsibilities.
                              At least for me.
                              i only read the first page of the thread
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

If by admission their case/cause is sooo weak that they feel compelled to resort to terrorism they have admitted that they have no legitamacy and invite the inevitable reprisal.
                                You know, on the world stage there is neither democracy, nor the rule of law.

In effect they have killed for no effect countless civilians/innocents and doomed themselves, their allies and their cause.
                                "No effect"?? On the contrary, the effect was quite huge.
                                Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

Working...
                                X