VCD Audio question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCD Audio question

My girlfriend has some VCDs with 2 audio streams, one in Chinese, and one in Japanese. Is there a way to turn one off? I use powerdvd and there are some audio options, but none that turned off an audio stream.

On a related note, I recently made a legal backup of a film I want to see, but it also has 2 audio streams. One is some kind of commentary. It's an .avi file. Again, is there any player that will allow selection of the audio stream you want?

Usually with two audio streams (Karaoke VCDs, etc.) they pan one hard left, the other hard right. Have you tried moving the balance all the way to the side?
    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

That's what I think the software tries, but it didn't seem to work. We had 2 streams coming from one speaker.

Comment

Have you tried the VLC media player?

Or I think VirtualDub or otherwise VirtualDubMod could get rid of the extra audio track, but that would mean putting it all on your HD and possibly burning it on CD again.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Hmm, problem two is solved by using VLC, strangely.

Problem 1 remains, but perhaps might go away if I could figure out how to open VCDs in VLC.

Comment

I don't know (I don't actually use VLC myself)... Like this?
            http://www.videolan.org/doc/play-how...html#id2468694 (see "Play a CD/DVD/VCD")

Edit: oh wait... you're a subscriber, so the anchor in the link will work for you.
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

VLC is a pretty good program btw, if can't find the right codec, open it with VLC and enjoy.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Thanks Mercator, it is sorted now.

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Working...
                  X