Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dissident
    dead battery
    No hun The thing is constantly plugged into the wall and I can afford to shoot it I havent paid for it yet
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Dead battery.

It's the same thing with desktops - if the clock keeps resetting, it's the battery. When you turn off your computer, the internal clock is maintained by the internal battery, not from the wall socket.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

HP should have fixed that then when i sent it off last week. Guess I have to get on the phone and play nice and send the thing off again. thanks guys
        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

yeah play nice, when you get it back working, then you can call them and call them incompetant *******s.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
            yeah play nice, when you get it back working, then you can call them and call them incompetant *******s.
            Thats a good idea If i can get passed the peson on the phone that has the thickest accent from india.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
              Thats a good idea If i can get passed the peson on the phone that has the thickest accent from india.
              You probably talked to somebody in India. Many large computer companies outsourced call centres out to India. Last I heard Dell moved the one for corporate customers back to the US, though I am not sure about others.
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Urban Ranger

You probably talked to somebody in India. Many large computer companies outsourced call centres out to India. Last I heard Dell moved the one for corporate customers back to the US, though I am not sure about others. [/QUOTE
                I think i did,i have no clue as to where hp has their stations, even tubes got frustrated talking to the lady he almost threw the phone at me Jeez maybe i can con tubes into talking to them what do ya think?

Comment

nope. I did throw the phone to her though.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

An Oxfam video I watched show that these call centre employees are middle class Indians who received prior training.

This reminds me that when I called Dell up for a friend last time, I got connected to a woman in Mainland China attempting to speak Cantonese.

Comment

Ok i guess i got to find something to get tubes to call and finish the call for me What do I have to do? I already know but lets see if it works

Comment

Thanks for the help I think i know what is happening. Maybe im wrong but Ill have to recreate what happened when the clock changed again. I was using the laptop off the power cord and the battery did run down. The pc turned off due to a dead batery I didnt notice till a few days later that the time was off again.

Comment

Working...
                        X