Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

America spends roughly 60 billion $ a year on military R&D. One would expect that there must be a reson for it. I wouldn't discredit the idea that they used some secret babies in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Comment

Hey look at me everyone -- I look cool when I do this:

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

That was a MrFun?

Comment

When in Iraq we had some stupid villager convinced that the loudspeaker mounted on top of our Hummer was a new microwave mind control device. He told his kids to put their hands over their ears when ever we drove by so we wouldn't be able to control their minds.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You didn't control their minds, did you? Then obviously his counter-measures worked.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Nah - if those thingies really could control minds they would first have been spread across the US - have you seen some nearby ?
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I've always assumed it was common knowledge that microwave-based weaponry were being tested for non-lethal purposes, such as crowd control. Since it can be modulated to cause varying degrees of pain without leaving behind permanent damage, it would seem to be ideal for such use.

A wire story some time ago also stated various agencies were working on a chemical agent of some sort that would induce diarreha (sp) in whoever inhaled it. Don't know if anything ever came of that.

Gatekeeper
                  "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Attached Files
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• "You are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
                      Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess."

- Jack Thompson

Comment

• What about white phosphorus? Using it to burn people is considered chemical warfare, a war crime.

Gatekeeper, the taser was considered nonlethal, too. I wouldn't suggest drying your cat in the microwave.

Comment

• Most people still consider the taser to be non-lethal, but, yes, I've read a few stories about some people not reacting well at all — i.e., hearts stopping — after being struck repeatedly by tasers.

WRT microwaves in one's kitchen and the microwaves the military is experimenting with, I'm not familiar enough with the latter to make a believable comparison between the two WRT their effect. IOW, I'm don't know if the microwaves the military is using are the same as the microwaves consumers have in their kitchens.

Gatekeeper
                          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

• I sure hope not. Just imagine the length of chords they'd have to carry with them.

Comment

• AUGH! It's cords, damnit, cords! Not chords!

And, take this FWIW, but according to the "news" monologue part of "Coast to Coast with George Noory" (airing right now), the U.S. military is testing a laser weapon that's supposed to be capable of destroying other weapons systems on the ground from its vantage point aboard U.S. gunships ... without collateral damage. Heh. Final testing is scheduled in 2007 ... if successful, the Pentagon will mass produce the weapons systems. Next up: laser rifles for our troops!

Gatekeeper

Comment

• Originally posted by realpolitic
                                What about white phosphorus? Using it to burn people is considered chemical warfare, a war crime.

Gatekeeper, the taser was considered nonlethal, too. I wouldn't suggest drying your cat in the microwave.
                                Indiemedia? Even I know that is a screaming left wing "news" source which can't be trusted. The Fox News of the left.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X