Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the US withdraw in shame from Iraq after the election.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the US withdraw in shame from Iraq after the election.

I'm asking this not based on who wins the election, but just as a simple question.

It's quite evident that Iraq is a major liability in several respects and that dissent is growing (even among Bush supporters). Notwithstanding all the posturing about "going the distance" it seems to me that there will be a premature withdrawal with some fiction of an election held beforehand.

And if that happens, Osama Bin Laden will have won.
    Yes
    24.00%
    No
    64.00%
    They will have to as Bush will want to invade a Banana Republic.
    12.00%
    Only feebs vote.

No matter how badly Iraq degrades between now and the next inauguration, No.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

US stays in Iraq: Perceived as a dagger in the gut of the Islamic world.... OBL wins

US withdraws: US perceived as cowards, likely Iraq will be screwed up either way, blame (justifably) placed with the USA. OBL wins

After the election, I can imagine whoever wins the US forces coming home embarrassed 3-5 years from now, in part due to public pressure at home and in part due to the hopeless situation in Iraq.

Oil keeps flowing thanks to the efforts (bribery and corruption) of the CIA.
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Of course not.

If they withdraw at all (which they won't) they'll pretend that they've actually won and this was the plan all along, then they'll stick their fingers in their ears and keep going "LaLaLaLaLa!" until all the other countries shut up.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Heresson got to you too?
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

Let me say that I only posted this thread because conservative columnist Bob Novak said that he thought this would happen (and then tried to obfuscate) on CNN about 15 minutes ago.

Oh and @ FP
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Oh and by "Banana Republic" I didn't mean the clothing store (for historically challenged Apolytoners).
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

No matter how we withraw or when you and your ilke will call it "shamefull."

If we were to withdraw right now nobody in the military would be embarrasses. The only people who would be are those who having nothing do do with any of it, namely the leftest population of apolyton.

I frankly don't care if you think we should be embarrased.
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

What, namely, is our ilk?

Comment

I think it's something like this...
                    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                      No matter how we withraw or when you and your ilke will call it "shamefull."
                      P is always whining at Q. Therefore Q is right. OMG do we realize that the power of truth had been arbitrarily lying in P for all that time!
                      Last edited by Fake Boris; September 18, 2004, 20:41.
                      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

We will be forced out of Iraq when the whole country goes into civil war.

Comment

Withdrawing from Iraq would be one of the most short-sighted, populistic and simply dumb things and can be made. I hope Kerry won't do it, and from what I remember, He didn't claim He will (if He wins of course)
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

I don't think Bush will leave Iraq.

Case closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                              Withdrawing from Iraq would be one of the most short-sighted, populistic and simply dumb things and can be made. I hope Kerry won't do it, and from what I remember, He didn't claim He will (if He wins of course)
                              Kerry is God?

Comment

Working...
                              X