Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boom - War of the Worlds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Boom - War of the Worlds

    I'm back again, and so is the War of the Worlds! Below, find the settings for the universe. To play on the War of the Worlds server, you must be registered in the WoTW thread, somewheres on this board. Previous registrants need not register again. You may need to look back a few pages through the archived posts to find it. If your name is not in that thread, you will be deleted after a brief warning. Duping is not tolerated, and anyone who dupes will have all but one of their accounts deleted, and the remaining account will be reset to startup and any planets belonging to the accounts deleted - if you don't want to be reduced to ashes and eventually banned, don't make more than 1 account!

    This is supposed to be a fun game, although it is naturally quite competitive. Don't start hurling accusations and getting mad if you get destroyed - most of the players are nice people, and since this is a small community you don't want to alienate anyone that you may want to corp with in future. Besides, it's all about playing better, and if you lose some assets you will know what your weaknesses are better than if everyone ignores you. If you want to play just to learn the basics of the game, play on the practice game (game b) where you can get all the money you need from the citadel on the planet in sector 12, and just have fun cruisin' the universe. All the settings for the practice game are the same as the main game, except that the structure of the universe has been changed to protect the innocent.

    Just a couple of words about the overall play style of this game - this is a game designed to be highly profitable to those developing planets, with settings that are comfortable for evils. It will be possible to play evil very successfully in the short term, and in the long term it will be necessary to have either corped or captured a good planetary base. The maximum path is 100 warps, which allows for some fairly interesting bubbles and better defense - and potentially enormous organics farming bubbles, which will ultimately outstrip evil's earning potential of about 7-8 million credits per day if carefully tended and developed. Theoretically, a good could make almost unlimited money in this game. The challenge, of course, is making it that far playing good - it is impossible to keep up with evil just pair-port trading, so the only solution seems to be to hide very carefully untill one has a very good organics farming setup, and to try to avoid evils, putting all efforts into colonization. Theoretically, one could play evil and go for a mixed colonization - stealing strategy, which might be the most balanced approach, and definitely minimizes risk, but ultimately those who take the greatest risk will reap the greatest rewards. Evil can definitely not keep up with a good in an ISS when it comes to colonization.

    Mixed corps are allowed in this game, making it possible to have an evil defend the colonizing efforts of a good, which may be the most succesfull strategy, although it is important for the good player to keep his alignment below 10,000 in order to ensure that the evil player does not become good by affiliation. As far as I know, good players do not lose points by being affiliated with evils (at least not as long as the evil align is below -100,000)

    Settings are as follows:

    Address: waroftheworlds.ath.cx
    Port: 2002

    Initial Turns per day 1000, fighters 2,500, credits 10,000, holds 75.
    No startup planet.
    Inactive players will be deleted after 30 days.
    Maximum players 200, sectors 5000, ports 3500, planets 1500.
    The Maximum number of Planets per sector: 5, Traders on a Corp: 5, Ships per FedSpace Sector: 5.

    The StarDock is located in sector 1321.
    The planet Ferrengal is located in sector 666.
    [b]Photon Missiles are disabled for the first 20 days, then enabled with a delay of 60 seconds[b]
    Ver# 3.11.49 running under Sockets.
    The local display is OFF AT ALL TIMES.
    3,325 ports are open for business and have a net worth of 0.
    2 planets exist in the universe, 50% have Citadels.
    1 Traders (100% Good) are active in the game.
    20,500 Fighters and 50 Mines are in use throughout the Universe.
    0 Corporations are in business.

    Terra Population Growth Rate: 10,000 per day
    Terra Max Population: 1,000,000

    Cloaking FailRate: 3%
    NavHaz Dispersion: 3%
    Start With Planets: No
    No Aliases
    Port Regeneration Rate: 33% / Day
    Planetary Trade Offers: 95% of Normal
    Daily Game Time: 400 Minutes / 6.6 Hours
    Invincible Ferrengal: No
    Inactivity Timeout: 300 Seconds
    Steal from Buy Port? Yes
    Rob Factor: 40%
    Steal Factor: 40%

    The Alien Traders are Active
    The Ferrengi are Active

    This is an open game. You can be killed an infinite number of times and still keep on going... and going... and going...



    - Aeturneus
    Last edited by aeturneus; January 21, 2002, 20:52.
    "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

    Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

  • #2
    Thanks and Welcome back Aeturneus!

    I'll logon and give your universe a whirl.
    ____________________________
    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
    ____________________________

    Comment


    • #3
      great !

      I'm IN ... 'remind me my good old BBS days
      Last edited by Redbarn; November 8, 2001, 08:57.

      Comment


      • #4
        well I quit, sower and burbel, you are 2 bunch of stupid player, what's the point of destroying beginner ? feel better ? damn idiot...

        I leave you play alone with the ferrengies bot...

        get lost...

        Comment


        • #5
          Looks like your server is down again Aeturneus.
          Can you give it a kick in the butt?
          ____________________________
          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
          ____________________________

          Comment


          • #6
            Heh, yeah, I noticed that too.

            Q : What are we going to do about Thanksgiving? I will be out of town on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I might be able to get on Saturday night.

            Since this game is still in the starting phases, a 4 day difference could be very, very large for other players. Is anyone else going
            out of town this weekend, and not able to play?

            Comment


            • #7
              I too will be out of town for the Thanksgiving weekend.
              ____________________________
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
              ____________________________

              Comment


              • #8
                Down?

                What happened to the TW Server? It's been down since midday yesterday. Is it coming back soon?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well, since Aeturneus is running it off of his server, the ball is in his court...hopefully it will be back up soon.
                  ____________________________
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
                  ____________________________

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Server is Back

                    Hey guys, I had to go to Vancouver for the weekend, and in absentia the server was accidentally disconnected from the internet by my brother. It has therefore been running for the last three days, your planets have been growing, ports regenerating, terra recovering, etc...

                    I apologize to you all for the downtime, which will hopefully be avoided in future by the fact that the server will be running on a new system in a new location that is more tamper-proof.

                    Now, get back to tradewars!

                    -Aeturneus
                    "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte

                    Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If you all want to take a break from TW for Thanksgiving, I can take it down over the weekend, pausing the game so to speak.

                      Is this what you want?
                      "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte

                      Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well, personally, I would like to see it "paused" from Wednesday
                        until Saturday. What about everyone/anyone else?

                        I guess I can technically take some of my turns on Wednesday
                        morning and then some Saturday night, so maybe just
                        Thursday and Friday?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Pausing it Thursday and Friday sounds good to me.
                          ____________________________
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu
                          ____________________________

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Alright, the server will be paused for thursday and friday. Have a great thanksgiving, everyone!
                            "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte

                            Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just a reminder, photon missiles have been enabled as per the rule regarding day 20.

                              Wave duration is 60 seconds.

                              Enjoy!
                              "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte

                              Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X