Hmm.... maybe the port regen rate could be bumped up a little. I noticed the picking are getting slim today (I usually log on after school, so all the goodies are usually gone by the time I log on).... It might be the 400 turns as opposed to the old 250 turns.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Could the number of available turns be upped?
Collapse
X
-
quote:

Originally posted by Hutak on 04-27-2001 11:05 PM
Actually, the port regen rate was upped to around 12% IIRC.

Actually, I've since bumped it up to 30% and it's still hard to find ports that aren't tapped out.
The few reasons I can figure for why this has happened are:
1) A lot more people are playing than I expected, and the universe is just way too small. I expected about 10 people to play at most. Next time we go for a big (3000 sectors or more) universe I think =)
2) 400 Turns a day instead of 250 is definitely eating into port levels, but I think the port regen at 30% will help this.
3) Aliens were set to move around and trade while the server was dormant. I have disabled this option so aliens will only move around while someone is on the server.
Dan
Firaxis Games, Inc.
Dan Magaha
Firaxis Games, Inc.
--------------------------
Comment
-
Actually I found 2 totally untapped ports today! I think people just haven't started scouting far from home yet.
I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001
"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.
Comment
-
I have gotten the same results as Yin26. It's just a matter of finding new ports. The real problem is that players just don't bother to go off the beaten track. Once you start exploring the outer reaches you'll stumble on 100% ports.
No problem with trading there!
Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.
Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer
Comment
Comment