Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tweaker's Anonymous Exhibition Game Active!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although they do seem to be quite potent at the current settings
    "There are but two powers in the world, the sword and the mind. In the long run the sword is always beaten by the mind."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

Visit the Tradewars 2002 Forum

Comment

How on earth did you manage to capture the Scorpion, Jagged? Was it not carrying many figs? Considering the Ferrengi currently have over 6 million fighters at Ferrengal, I'm surprised he wasn't flying around with 120k figs.

Comment

Scorpion

I happened to wander into a sector with a Dreadnought,Cruiser and the Scorpion with a semi-loaded Imperial Battleship, whacked the 2 others but got pounded by the Scorp (right into an escape pod).

I reloaded/refit another IB and went hunting (payback), dound the bugger and then chased his ass all over and whittled him down. Had to manually (non-script) take him in the end.

That Scorp has beau coup shields (and at 100%), but after whacking me the first time had around 2700 fighters left when I started pecking. I am not sure hom many he started with tho, I was too busy trying to get re-fitted and back to the area before he wandered off... (heh-heh)

I was at 32k experience and gaining on Tuk until that group decided to take out their frustrations on me...(g)

I LIKE the Scorp tho, considering it carries 180 holds, the huge shield capacity, etc... very nice. I am not sure what the off/def odds are, but they seem more than comprable to the IB I was flying.

BTW, still having a blast in the tweaked game! The aliens are trading VERY actively and the Ferrengi are ON THE MOVE to keep things honest. NO more wandering around in my Imperial Transport without huge risk.

Thanks again for hosting a very interesting game indeed!

Comment

I purposefully set the Ferrengi very powerful with a lot of total ships since I knew the game wouldn't have many players. I'm glad it's working to make things more interesting for you.

I think you got pretty lucky if that's all the figs he had. The Scorpion is a very overbalanced ship, but unique. Only one can ever exist in any universe. If that one's destroyed, it won't respawn, so fly safely. If you go to the computer and hit ; it should give you the stats of the ship you are in, but the basics are 2.4:1 offensive odds, 1.6:1 defensive odds, 120k figs, 8k shields, 180 holds, and only 3 TPW--plus a transwarp drive and capacity for 10 photon missiles at that.

It's a vastly overpowered ship but usually very difficult to get your hands on. He must have only just spawned when you ran into him, thus he hadn't had time to stock up on those figs yet.

Tuk will need to hurry up and get the XP for that Imperial Dreadnaught to even compete with the offensive capabilities of that thing. The IDN has 1.8 odds but at least that'd give him a bit of an edge on the attack against you (even if he'd be at a disadvantage if you attacked him). The IDN, however, is based on the Interdictor Cruiser design, which means it has an interdictor you don't, BUT it has only 100k figs and 5k shields and is 6TPW instead of 3 (though it has 230 holds) so it's not quite as efficient at trading or colonizing as that Scorpion is, either. The Scorpion lacks any other extras, though...it holds few mines, disruptors, gentorps, atomic dets, and so on compared to the Dreadnaught.

I suppose Tuk could really work on XP gains somehow and get into an Admiralty Cruiser to really outdo the Scorpion. He'd need 512k XP to fly the damned thing, but would get 2.5:1 odds on both attack and defense, with 250k figs and 16k shields and also 3TPW (but only 120 holds). Would definitely outclass you then.

Good luck, guys.

Comment

Thanks for the Scorpion info! I figured the offensive odds were higher. I think you may be right about the newly-spawnded aspect of the capture, but it also attacked me and took a hit to the fighter #'s when it did so. That chinked it's armor and then the chase was on.

I have the a Dreadnought or two on reserve, but haven't really worked on outfitting them yet. I am a big fan of this new acquisition...g

The mine capacity does stink, but it's merely a minor detail.

Thanks again Xen!

Comment

Working...
            X