Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess this upgrades Chris to Chris 26.
    A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
    Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Did the Iroquois teach you math as well?

They must be pretty good, considering they never had a written langauge....
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
        Did the Iroquois teach you math as well?

They must be pretty good, considering they never had a written langauge....
        hi ,

well , try again , ........

they had an impressive culture , ...

have a nice day
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

For the newcomers who missed the several dozen earlier times this info was provided at Apolyton (Chris 26 knows better, he just can't help being the usual moron).

The Iroquois wrote in pictographs, like the Egyptians.
          Important events, laws and treaties were recorded on wampum belts.
          Later, Jesuit priests (French) designed a phonetic alphabet for the Mohawks, which evolved into the Pickering alphabet that is now used for most native North Amerind languages.

With regard to Iroquois mathematics, read Marcia Ascher's Ethnomathematics (1991).
          A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ribannah
            For the newcomers who missed the several dozen earlier times this info was provided at Apolyton (Chris 26 knows better, he just can't help being the usual moron).
            For the newcomers who missed the several dozen earlier times this misinformation was provided at Apolyton (Ribannah knows better, she just can't help being obstinate. Always needs to get the last word, you know).

You are so tiring with your endless hooey
            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
            intelligence to few.

Comment

It was not meant for you, I have already written you off as a lost cause. Surely there are others on this Spanish forum who do not worship ignorance.

When Deskaheh appeared before the great audience, he walked in dignity and with no self-consciousness. There were giggles because, though in the elaborate dress of a Chief of the Cayuga Nation, he carried an enormous yellow suitcase which he placed carefully on a table in front of him.

Smiles soon ceased, however, as Deskaheh related his story simply and sincerely. His people had heard in 1915, he said, of a repulsively homely white chief. The young Indian men had swiftly formed a regiment and gone across the big water to fight for world freedom and justice as the allies of the government that had once so gratefully guaranteed his nation its lands. Here he repeated a passage from the Treaty of 1784, as worded by Sir Frederick Haldimand, governor-in-chief of Quebec and territories depending hereon:

"I do hereby in his Majesty's name, authorize and permit the said Mohawk nation and such other of the Six Nations Indians as wish to settle in that quarter to take possession of and settle upon the banks of the river commonly called Ouse or Grand River...which them and their posterity are to enjoy forever."

Then he recited the tale of the broken pledge, the raid of the Royal Mounted Police, the rummaging of his own house, the building of the police barracks, the seizure of the sacred wampum. The story would be incredible without evidence, he said. but he had foreseen this and had the proofs with him. Then he lifted the lid of the suitcase and with care and reverence drew from within the old headed wampum on which might be read the sworn agreements of' white governments with his people. Speaking with deep feeling, translating these documents slowly and impressively, stopping now and then to make clear the meanings of the bead colors and of the representations of the symbols, he made his entranced listeners feel that this was not the narration of the grievances of a small racial unit, but the story of all minority peoples - the tragedy of every small nation that is a neighbor to a larger one. When he finished, there was a moment of silence - then a roar of a tremendous ovation. Thousands rose to their feet to cheer him and the great hall echoed and re-echoed with their applause. Straight, unsmiling, impassive, he waited until after many minutes the sound began to wane. Then, still expressionless he left the platform.
              Geneva, 1924
              Last edited by Ribannah; September 6, 2002, 16:13.

Comment

Ha ha, yes, I need to write my Alma Mater Columbia, and have them rewrite their history ciriculum, based on the rantings of the poor little Dutch girl!
                I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Well, enough of this crap. I am sick of this. If you wanna campaign for the Iroquois do it somewhere else, not here. This is a Spanish Civilization forum.

Comment

Working...
                  X