Civ2 PBEM Diplomacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
    What about the ability to trade units between civs/ gift units? Is this a possible addition?

-FMK.
    I'm working on this ability, and many others. For example: map interchange, contact interchange (if you know a civ that other player doesn't know), and more

But the first beta will only have three options: Gold, techs, Cease Fire/Peace/Alliance
    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

The documentacion

Here is the beta-version of the documentation. Unzip this in a folder and load the HTML web page
      Attached Files

Comment

And here is the utility!

This ZIP is password-encrypted. I send the password to all my beta-tester!

I expect next beta can be public!

If you want to be a beta-tester now, please wrote me a PM

Unzip the folder and follow the manual (previous post)
        Attached Files

Comment

Please remember

Before you think there's a problem (Altougth I think that the utility have many bugs), check

1) There is a correct RULES.TXT in the same folder that the .NET file

2) You make the offer after playing your move

3) You load the offer before playing your move

Thank you

Comment

Hey Yaros, should we start a beta-testing PBEM game with all the beta testers?.

I supose you are waiting for more beta testers to start de beta-testing game.
            «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

My first contact with the utility:

> Manual.zip, descompressed, no problems.
              - It is in English, OK, no problem, but remember guy, we will claim for you to translate (Te viamos a dar la bara pa' que lo hagas en Español cañí y olé).
              - Error found in the credits, I think it is Henrik and not Hendrik.
              - Ok, you have my real name in my profile from now.

> Civ2dip.zip, descompressed, no problems.
              - I had to download and install the Java application mentioned in the manual, yes I am another poor PC user.
              - Run the application. No problems
              - Create a .net file playing a scenario from my own database.
              - Try to make a barter without a password. Error, I need a password.
              - Set and confirm the password. No problems
              - Make a barter. Error, I forgot putting the rules.txt in the correct place, the program tell me efficiently. No problems. Perhaps the ability to correct the offers without cancel the barter should be a good idea, Yaros.
              - I select a competitor, is curious I can select even those leaders I do not know in the game. It is sometimes difficult to know what leader and what Civ, perhaps the name of the civ near the name of the leader would make it clearer.
              - Ok, the utility knows what I have so it restricts me only those advances I have developed, and the money I have. Make the offer.
              - There is no embasy so I can demand whatever I want, but I do not know if the other can give me as much as I ask.
              - Ok, so there is no use demanding treaties, they are included in the offer menu.
              - Make the demand.
              - Saving the file, no problems.
              - But I have nobody to send the file, this is a test and not a formal offer for my real game, we need a new PBEM to Beta-test.

Now I am trying in a game with embassies to know if the utility recognises what everyone has.
              Last edited by Kramsib; August 21, 2002, 07:55.
              «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

Success, the utility recognises the embasies But there is a problem, the utility shows advances that we both have, it should be better if it only shows those advances we need from each other without comparing constantly what we have and what we don't.

Now I am trying to see the offer I have done entering as one of the other players.

Success. The offer has been viewed correctly. But If I can enter as other leader there is a big security problem. Even when I have set up passwords in the normal game.

Now I am setting up a more complicated test, I will use two beta-test games. The first is the Rome scenario everybody knows. The second is a Mod scenario with modified rules.txt to know if the utility support the changes. I hope I can show you the results soon.
                Last edited by Kramsib; August 21, 2002, 08:26.

Comment

Thank you, Kramsib. You can start a PBEM game where you play all civs, so you can accept baters. It's what I do. I expect release a new beta soon. With his new beta, we'll start a PBEM

Comment

Could that beta include some sort of other way to launch the thing for mac?
                    Im having problems currently.
                    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Originally posted by yaroslav
                      Thank you, Kramsib. You can start a PBEM game where you play all civs, so you can accept baters. It's what I do. I expect release a new beta soon. With his new beta, we'll start a PBEM
                      That is what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
                        Could that beta include some sort of other way to launch the thing for mac?
                        Im having problems currently.
                        And I'm afraid; we will have more problems...

As you can read there:

MAC OS IX will not support java beyond java 1.1.8. And I've used java 1.4

I'm working on a solution to this problem, but I think that is very bad from Apple to support Java only on MAC OS X.

I will post more about this problem tonigth

Comment

Hmm, now I will get my hands on Mac OS X soon enough, so I guess that wont be a problem (though it will probably take a while)...
                          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Ummm. Then I must think if do or not do a new version only for MAC VIII and MAC IX. Perphas, if you put your hands on MAC OS X, I don't need to do that

Comment

A new beta version if on the net!

You can download it in the new thread:

This thread will remain open for discuss about first BETA

Comment

Yaroslav i have a question for you.Since i presume you are an experienced programmer ,would it be possible to implement a program for civ that would enable people to see the map overview and city information of a game that someone else is playing on his computer over the internet?

Believe me ,you would do a huge contribution to the civ community with it.

And if it would be in any case possible ,a program that allow multiple people to control one civ played on someone's computer? (server)
                                Genisis

Comment

Working...
                                X