Any Portuguese Civers here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Awrence
    There's a bullfight type of thing in the northwest here, but it's without picadors, banderilleros and matadors, just toreadors with capes.
    This reminds me of the book "Ferdinand," about the gentle bull who gets sent to Madrid to fight. Was this translated into Spanish?

"Once upon a time in Spain, there was a little bull named Ferdinand. All the other bulls he lived with would run and jump and skip and butt their heads together. But not Ferdinand. He liked to sit just quietly and smell the flowers..."

A very good story, one of my daughter's favorites.
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

Un toro maricón, vaya...
      Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

Marquis, yes Not the book but the Disney recreation of the story. Good ol' Ferdinando, the gay bull

It's also one of my daughter's favorites.... and also of my own childhood.

It's so funny the way Hollywood depicted Spain in the 30s-40s (?). It looked suspiciously identical to Mexico

I never quite understood however why the name Ferdinand was 'spanishized' to Ferdinando, when it should have been Fernando, a very common name

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by El Awrence

There's a bullfight type of thing in the northwest here, but it's without picadors, banderilleros and matadors, just toreadors with capes.
            I guess that's quite like a "capea" then. Just a bunch of drunken friends emulating bullfighters, preferably fighting "vaquillas", not toros, of course.
            "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
            - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
              Ottok was a finnish(?) apolytoner whose english was so bad that it was hard to figure out what he was trying to say. Some people were rather hard on him, and he went away.
              So my english is the worst here...
              Last edited by yaroslav; June 11, 2002, 17:15.
              Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Ottok may have had more than just poor English. He had a very strange logic/structure in his posts. I would say 70/30 that he had some other mental issues. I remember Stefu saying this once. (He denies that he did say this. That's what I remember though...)

Comment

Thank you for the information :b
                  Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Originally posted by yaroslav
                    Sorry. I know that youy say soccer and not football, but I didn't remind when I write my reply. We find soccer interesting to wacth on TV; sure, there are not many scores, but in Europe we don't care about it.

For example: our soccer league match cand end with a equal score but yours not. It's curious the different ways that we like sport
                    I was just kidding around, i dont care what you call it, i think we all know what each other mean.

As for the comment about our soccer league ... its all part of our plan, we pretend to be bad, that way we can launch surprise victories and beat teams like portugal!
                    Last edited by whosurdaddy; June 14, 2002, 01:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Waku
                      soccer is deadly boring, just ask these guys what "cerocerismo" stands for.
                      Ok, que significa "cerocerismo"?

Comment

Originally posted by whosurdaddy Ok, que significa "cerocerismo"?
                        Una palabra que se han inventado para explicar lo aburrido que puede ser el futbol ( ) por culpa de lo normal que puede ser quedar 0-0 como resultado final.

Comment

Bueno, pues nuestros amigos portugueses se vuelven para Portugal, se han clasificado Corea y los USA.
                          "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
                          "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
                          The Spanish Civilization Site
                          "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Scommetto che parecchi tiferanno italia...
                            "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                            "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                            "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Viva italia!

viva Belgium... excepto Belgium juegaba Brasil

Los E.E.U.U. juegaba Messico! Despite ellos loss a Poland... ay! 3-1

Portugal recibi dos rojo cartas... Portugal juega rough

--
                              -->Visit CGN!
                              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

So my english is the worst here...
                                END QUOTE

Mi espaÑol es el peor de todos los fora de espaÑol

so, no senti malo about it
                                -->Visit CGN!
                                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                                X