No announcement yet.

PBEMs vs Vacations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun Tzu says it all the time, but not to me, cause he knows I have friends here.

Believe it or not, I can't do that with my system, it never works(for screen shots).

As for ratings, you'll get what ye deserve, me lad!

But as I recall, the breakdown for the 2 I finished reviewing (Celts, Al Andulas) put them at near perfect scores, and no, not perfect, cause I don't want you getting a swelled head!

And it would be nice if you posted a line or two, in our forums there. Even Mark and Dan have, and I have no intention of leaving Poly in the slightest, so dual citizenship shouldn't be a problem.

Here, I'm one of many diverse posters, but CFC needs all the quality people it can get, in it's scenario areas and it's general areas also.

Plus, it doesn't hurt to give your work more exposure.

So post something there already!!!
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
      Believe it or not, I can't do that with my system, it never works(for screen shots).
      You can try this:
      CNET Download provides free downloads for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices across all categories of software and apps, including security, utilities, games, video and browsers

small & useful

Comment

OK Waku, I down loaded that, and I'll try it later.

Of course, if it ruins my system, I will come looking for you!
        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd

Comment

Sun Tzu says it all the time, but not to me, cause he knows I have friends here.
          Evan Von Christoph, another 'friend' of the Spanish gang. I got in a few flame wars with him in the past but stopped when realized he was pretty sick (he still is).

OK, I'll send you some then.

As for ratings, you'll get what ye deserve, me lad!
          But as I recall, the breakdown for the 2 I finished reviewing (Celts, Al Andulas) put them at near perfect scores, and no, not perfect, cause I don't want you getting a swelled head!
          (you always spell Andalus wrong )

And it would be nice if you posted a line or two, in our forums there. Even Mark and Dan have, and I have no intention of leaving Poly in the slightest, so dual citizenship shouldn't be a problem.
          Here, I'm one of many diverse posters, but CFC needs all the quality people it can get, in it's scenario areas and it's general areas also.
          Yeah, that's what I noticed. The scenario area needs a bit of 'pedigree'. Most of the posters seem to be relatively new to the business and appear not to be familiar with a lot of good scenarios and scenario tricks. I'd say they seem to constitute the new wave of enthusiastic scenario designers that I talked about in my Apolyton column a few months ago. But they need to look back. Maybe some of us old Apolyton farts could help in that area, you're absolutely right. Now, if they let me use a personalized avatar....

Plus, it doesn't hurt to give your work more exposure.
          More??? Haven't I received enough attention already? People still nominate me for awards!
          Seriously, I feel that I've been paid for my Civ2 work much more than I ever expected.

Comment

Evan Von Christoph, another 'friend' of the Spanish gang. I got in a few flame wars with him in the past but stopped when realized he was pretty sick (he still is).
            Yes, EVC/Cecil (his current handle) is quite bazar.

OK, I'll send you some then.
            Thanks much.

(you always spell Andalus wrong )
            Why couldn't you have just called the damn thing the Recoquista?!!?
            That I could spell!!!

Yeah, that's what I noticed. The scenario area needs a bit of 'pedigree'. Most of the posters seem to be relatively new to the business and appear not to be familiar with a lot of good scenarios and scenario tricks. I'd say they seem to constitute the new wave of enthusiastic scenario designers that I talked about in my Apolyton column a few months ago. But they need to look back. Maybe some of us old Apolyton farts could help in that area, you're absolutely right. Now, if they let me use a personalized avatar....
            I'm not without influence, and custom avatars might be in the mix...but seroiusly, all the young guys who used to come to the SL are starting to wash up on CFC's shores, and they would greatly benifit from some of the pathfinders. We get a handful of the more experienced (like Kindal, for one), but they could really use some help in this area. And don't forget, civ-3 is just around the corner, and the kids could be the ones that become "The next Generation", as oppossed to your "the original series" guys like you.
            I also am considering a little idea called "designer interviews", in which i would ask a series of questions of the more renown designers about (Such as a fellow with the initials of JB, do you know him? ) civ, and why and how they did what they do. Not a lot, just a few paragraphs.

More??? Haven't I received enough attention already? People still nominate me for awards!
            Seriously, I feel that I've been paid for my Civ2 work much more than I ever expected.
            Yes, more.
            Everytime someone sees, and plays one of yours for the first time, the game and the hobby become that much stronger.
            You can fade into obscurity later, but for now, sieze the moment.

BTW, did you ever get that PM I sent?

Comment

OK Waku, I down loaded that, and I'll try it later.
              Of course, if it ruins my system, I will come looking for you!
              hehe!!!
              it won't crash your sys, I promise. In fact it's a very old app but it works just great imho. I specially love the crop! command, and don't forget to Apply! after capturing.

Comment

Why couldn't you have just called the damn thing the Recoquista?!!?
                That I could spell!!!
                I'm guessing you mean La Reconquista!
                Visit http://www.civgaming.net/

Comment

Not the way to my good side.....

Originally posted by Chris Wilkinson

I'm guessing you mean La Reconquista!
                  Poly mikros, neos paidi.

Comment

BTW, did you ever get that PM I sent?
                    Dunno. The last one I received from you was regarding the rape thread. If you sent another after that one. I did not receive it.

Comment

Re: Not the way to my good side.....

Poly mikros, neos paidi.

Poly= lot of, plenty
                      mikros = small, little
                      neos = new
                      paidi = (encyclo-paedia?) N.F.I.

Comment

testing if this thread is screwed up as well as the other

Comment

That was the one.

At least I think so.

My memory is shot.

I need a vacation.

Comment

Another test...

Comment

Waku,

Poly------------>Very
                              Mikros--------->Petty
                              Neos----------->New
                              Paidi----------->Guy

Comment

Very Petty New Guy
                                You called?

Another test...
                                Jay...what happened? I don't see anything wrong with any threads...
                                Visit http://www.civgaming.net/

Comment

Working...
                                X