No announcement yet.

Free Tibet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I could do something, but I'd want to do something a little bit less math-intensive than HRE NES.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

How about a NES set in the middle ages, shortly after Heinrich the first has become Rex Teutonicum, where only the duchies of the Eastern Frankish Kingdom are playable?
      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
      Let me eat your yummy brain!
      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Hmph. No mistake that in the 10th century it was more often called Regnum Francorum
        Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

If nobody else is interested in modding, I'm not averse to restarting HRE NES, but I would need to change the economic system somehow. The trade income in particular was too much work, and ciders always had to tell me where I'd messed it up.
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

If it was all discrete algorithms in the first place, I'll automate it so all you have to determine is a few inputs and coefficients.

edit I can't remember, maybe you had already done that?
            Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Not really. I mean, it is all basic math, with formulae, but I never automated it.

I'll look into my old files and see if I can put together a "behind the scenes" thing for you.

Comment

Exciting! Hey, I've got an Excel sheet that I used to help me keep track of men and weapons- I'll send it to you both as a starting place if you like, if you'll send me your e-mail addresses.
                Last edited by appleciders; February 25, 2008, 23:53.
                "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
                phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
                three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

What about women?
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

What about women? Personally, I'm in favor of them.

Comment

But your Excel sheet doesn't keep track of them
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

I don't need an excel sheet to keep track of my women!

Comment

How on earth do you manage, then?

Comment

I remember NESing on this forum too. That was fun and that was years ago. Hello to all my old acquaintances here. Would it be rude to mention that there is another popular gaming site with an active, hyperactive actually, NES community? And if some rude person were to point that out would any of you go NES there? Because that would be cool.
                            Do you believe in Evil? The Nefarious Mr. Butts
                            The continuing saga of The Five Nations
                            A seductress, an evil priest, a young woman and The Barbarian King

Comment

Originally posted by 1889
                              I remember NESing on this forum too. That was fun and that was years ago. Hello to all my old acquaintances here. Would it be rude to mention that there is another popular gaming site with an active, hyperactive actually, NES community? And if some rude person were to point that out would any of you go NES there? Because that would be cool.
                              No, that wouldn´t be rude. You see, this is like the roman Empire: It was the greatest thing on earth, then it declined and now some barbarians try an imitation. While we wander these ruins, we like to imagine the times of old... But no Cicero would ever go to Gaul, no matter what´s become of Rome...

Also, we are a lazy bunch and most of us already are at CFC.
                              Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                              Let me eat your yummy brain!
                              "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Not rude at all - but I don't know what to tell you, I just don't like CFC much.

To be honest, NESing there looks a great deal more "formal," and I don't know anybody. I'm just not that interested in moving to a new place.

Micha, you sure are a lazy bunch. Everyone says they want an NES, then I post a thread considering relaunching HRE and it hardly gets any posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X